Mountain or Waterfront Home?

Assuming no cost difference, if you had a chance to either have a mountain home at high elevation with picturesque views, nearby villages and skiing, etc, or a waterfront home, either on the ocean or some other large body of water, which one speaks to you more and why? For me, I really like both, but if I had to choose one, I am a water person at heart. That lifestyle just speaks to me more.

Mountain home on a nice trout stream/river.

Damn, gotta go with mountain Phone Post 3.0

Waterfront with flood insurance.

H 2 the IzzO

Mountain home on stream I will allow, but no mountain homes on large lake, that is cheating the question! :)

My family has a home on the lake. It's awesome! Phone Post 3.0

Mountain with a lake.

id love to have both

but i worry about mosquitos, flooding, smell etc from living on a waterfront

i certainly would not want a Beach front home that is for sure

so probably a mountain home at a high enough elevation so there are no mosquitos

I'd go with mountain for sure, but lately I've been dreaming of a lakehouse.   There is nothing more peaceful than a sunrise over a quiet, still lake with the surface of glass.  I want to go that route in my twilight years for sure.

Waterfront. Cant beat being able to walk outside and fish. Phone Post 3.0

Both are nice and while cycling has seen places I'd sure want to own! So... it depends on the place. A lot of small factors make a place a dream place instead of just above average.

Oceanfront home
Mountain home
Lakefront home

Oceanfront in Hawaii please.

sadic1 - Mountain home on stream I will allow, but no mountain homes on large lake, that is cheating the question! :)

You shouldn't even allow that

jettdogg - Mountain all day. Lakefront is overrated depending where you live

not enough gay beaches for you?

jettdogg - Mountain all day. Lakefront is overrated depending where you live

Lived on a lot of lakes have you?

I've been within a half mile or so of the ocean for 95% of my life. Couldn't be away from it Phone Post 3.0

Waterfront... On a little cliff, so you still get the extra view and a little safety from Tsunami. Phone Post 3.0

Def not ocean front .. That's like living on a boat. .. The maintenance is horrible .. Lake front all day though ! Phone Post 3.0