Mousasi addresses UFC/M-1 Questions

Gegard Mousasi directly addressed questions regarding whether the UFC gave him an offer and issues with his management.

He also discusses his upcoming fight with Babalu.

Mousasi is a great interview and very candid about sharing infomation.

www.sherdog.com/radio/Jordan-Breen-Show-Gegard-Mousasi-1134

cliff notes please.

FLTAT

JB:  Were you offered and not told about an offer from UFC?  Is there a rift between you and your management?

GM:  There was no offer from the UFC.  There were  never negotiations about me going to the UFC.  I have a 2 fight deal with DREAM.  Even if I wanted to fight in the UFC it wouldn't have happened, I have also signed with EA games and I don't think the UFC is very happy about that.  There was no chance I'd go to the UFC.  Strikeforce and DREAM let me fight in other organizations, that was the best deal for me.

JB:  To dispel all rumors, Is there any difficulty between you and your management at M-1?

GM:  No.

Lots of good info.  Predicts beating Babalu by doctor stoppage.

CindyO in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..........

WOW. Hmm....

Translation...Thanks to my recent discussion with some people at M1 my legs are not broken.

tetris - CindyO in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1..........

Nah, she's moved on to the next piece of public relations deception.  Just like all these publicity battles, by the time Mousasi's side comes out, everyone is exhausted of the issue and the disinformation machine has moved on to their next target.

boy, cindy-o got her ass royally kicked on this one.

Mad Xyientist - 

Nah, she's moved on to the next piece of public relations deception.  Just like all these publicity battles, by the time Mousasi's side comes out, everyone is exhausted of the issue and the disinformation machine has moved on to their next target.

honestly, most of us don't care to hear either side. it's just not that interesting to obsess over either way.

that would make reading a thread about it and proceeding to post a bit of a mixed signal.

lol @ cindy0

LOL at you guys picking and choosing what interviews/articles/etc. to believe.  So everything a fighter/promotoer/media x says is true but everything fighter/promoter/media y says is false?  Good times.

BigSleep - 
Mad Xyientist - 

honestly, most of us don't care to hear either side. it's just not that interesting to obsess over either way.

Is to Mad Xyientist....I think Dana once stole his cookies or something and he instantly waged a war of messageboard wars on zuffa.

thanks mister scientist sir.

on the EA sports thing, i know Dana's got a cucumber up his ass about it, but i really don't think it's going to stop him from signing top notch fighters like Moussasi.

Dana saying he won't sign anyone associated with EA sports is just bad for business. obviously arrangements could be made if the UFC wants to.

Hadn't Fedor already signed with EA before (the most recent bout of) negotiations were attempted?

BlueFlamer -  Hadn't Fedor already signed with EA before (the most recent bout of) negotiations were attempted?

Fedor was the exception to the rule I'm sure. 

Mad Xyientist - that would make reading a thread about it and proceeding to post a bit of a mixed signal.

posting, yes. obsessing, no.