Mousasi Frustrated by 'Radio Silence' from PFL

Was just about to post that as well.
Great minds think alike

1 Like

Used to be friends with Gegardā€™s brother on MSN back in the day. Used to talk to him all the time before MSN went down.

4 Likes

He has a big one

If he wants to fight he needs to be fighting, one of the most skilled guys ever.

Gotten beaten twice lately but they were decision, he is a proā€™s pro. Top notch fighter.

2 Likes

Mooseā€™s jab is one of the best Iā€™ve ever seen

I would have really liked to have seen GSP Vs Mousassi just after Georgeā€™s won the MW belt

1 Like

Can we get a rematch with Shlemenko??

PFL could really keep him busy here this is lame as shit.

1 Like

Shlemenko is 64-15-1
Moose is 49-9-2

Thatā€™s 140 pro fights between them

7 Likes
1 Like

The problem is my manager tried to contact them and they donā€™t even respond,ā€ Mousasi said. ā€œThereā€™s no effort to promote or get me a fight. Itā€™s radio silence with them. People think Iā€™m retired. Theyā€™re trying to be No. 2 organization in the world, but I think at least what they can do is tell me what their plans are with me.

ā€œI know they owe me a fight,ā€ he continued. ā€œThey have a contract with me. They want to maybe put pressure on me to take a pay cut. But why would I do that? I know they owe me fights. I know better, letā€™s say that.ā€

Similarly to Cyborg, there isnā€™t a major promotion Mousasi hasnā€™t fought for during his lengthy run through the Middleweight and Light Heavyweight divisions. To reach Bellator in 2017, Mousasi was in Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC), where he left on a five-fight winning streak (9-3 in UFC).

Mousasi would have won the middleweight belt in the UFC if they would have kept him, and possibly still would be the Champ.

4 Likes

There would have been some interesting match ups thatā€™s for sure.
However the UFC didnā€™t want to give him the money he deserved to

1 Like

He KOā€™d Maretta Thiago Santos in the 1st rd at UFC 200
That was against a man that went 5 rounds with Bones Jonesā€¦

2 Likes

He was on the Olympic boxing team, but got injured.

Yeah, hes got some houses which he rents out to students, Baseline income

Shlemenko beat himā€¦

Mousasi headlining a KSW vs Khalidov would be awesome.

Khalidov does not have quite the number of fights as Mousasi but he is another older legend getting close to retirement.

2 Likes

Iā€™d guess this is generally how it works. Moose telling it like it is like the no bullshit guy heā€™s always been.

Iā€™m curious how it generally shakes out with all these guys that say they got rich leaving UFC for Bellator. Is it better for your bank account to make more per fight but fight way less or the other way around?

Itā€™s better for your health certainly so even if the money is the same over time, the workload is far better for sure.

Pitbull was smart spending his career in Bellator. Better to be rich and the Bellator GOAT than what, one of the best fifty UFC fighters of your generation? Just another top ten fighter? Chandler made the jump at the right time, same with Gamrot. Same with Anderson.

Hope Pico jumps to UFC if he can beat Pitbull though. He is still young and can win the UFC title.

Better to have your prime in UFC and then go make money in PFL after your prime. Donā€™t waste your prime there.

1 Like

Iā€™m a big Moose fan but he needs to retire. He looked like shit the last two fights. Very one dimensional and he looked even more bored than he normally does. Age finally caught up to him. Maybe he wants to go out with a W and not on a two fight skid.

1 Like

21 year pro career is no joke. Probably just wants a couple more paydays and maybe another title run if he looks good in his next fight.

1 Like