Movie mistakes that bother you

That time an OGer said one of the best movies ever made sucked…

That was a yuge… movie mistake…

4 Likes

Not a movie, and probably more of a recurring gag than a mistake, but the amount of ADR in arrested development is ridiculous once you notice it

1 Like

Top Gun! All throughout there are massive errors. One major one is the constant excessive sweating. They are on a ship ffs, it’s cold AF yet the CO (oh God what the fuck rank is he again? Nobody knows and he has a massive state room ffs. Face palm), Maverick and Goose are sweating bullets.

Tons more but that is glaring.

1 Like

The fuck is ADR?

8 Likes

Robert de Niro wearing a full beard while in his Class As as a Special Forces sergeant has bothered me for decades, and I actually like Deer Hunter a lot except for that. They also screwed up the combat patch on his sleeve and the time line is all wrong for years of service, but the beard really bugs me.

4 Likes

In Joker, he shot his revolver 9 times in the subway.

2 Likes

That is weird. Here’s one of the continuity errors in 2001 that Kubrick caught and covered with post-dubbing:

What’s cool is that Dullea now looks just like he did while wearing old age make-up at the end of the original movie.

1 Like

Any movie or tv show where a character drinks something out of a mug or coffee cup that is clearly empty.

5 Likes

Oh, hell yes. Bugs me too. Sound suppressors on revolvers used to be real common in movies, but you see them less now as revolvers are less popular.

2 Likes

There isn’t a single padlock in all of tv or movies that isn’t easily broken with a hit or two from a fire extinguisher or butt of a rifle / shotgun. Same goes for doorknobs.
Giant piles / dumpsters full of garbage are nice, cushion-y landings for anyone jumping from 5-10 floors or higher.
If you break through a pane of glass, then roll around in the shards, it’s never sharp, will never hurt, and you’ll never get cut.

5 Likes

Another Back to the Future One

The clock tower doesn’t have a second hand on it so how could they know when exactly it was going to hit?

You expect me to believe it hit “right on the dot” at a precise time when there’s no second hand??

1 Like

It’s where they add dialog in post production or change it, in arrested development there are a ton of scenes where you only see the back of a characters head while talking and you can tell it was added later because it sounds different. I only noticed it rewatching the show recently and it’s constant

I believe he’s referring to when the re-record audio to footage that’s already been shot and replace the original audio.

Sometimes the lip syncing is off

1 Like

In reservoir dogs when harvey gives mr pink a smoke and a light, he pretends to light his own and then pretends to smoke it.

I don’t know if this is an error as he lights one for real later on, just something I noticed.

3 Likes

Jored1990 just beat me to it.

Lol that effort for something so inconsequential. I didn’t know until recently that Kubrick pretty much spelt out the end of that movie in an interview because I guess he was tired of dumb dildos not getting it. I don’t think I knew that was exactly what was going on though

Hmm have you visited San Diego in the summer??

The boom lift in blood in blood out first jail rec scene

Do they wear jeans and no shirts while playing beach volleyball ?

I hate when something massively built up has no point at all.

Captain Marvel is an example. What the fuck was her point? They build her up in these previous movies then she gets there and it’s like who the fuck cares?

3 Likes