Movies that surpassed your expectations?

Rise of the Planet of the Apes (2011) the one with James Franco.

The trailer to this felt weird, felt like a movie that nobody asked for. There were even people laughing at the trailer the various times it played before a movie that summer which is never a good sign for a serious dramatic sci-fi/action film. My friends and I even joked about how it was going to be the worst movie of the summer.

Boy were we wrong.

Urban legend that she was born a hermaphrodite.

Yeah. She’s a dude with big tits.

Any Tom Cruise movie. I always expect garbage, and it always ends up being a pretty good night out.

Except for Top Gun. Which is unwatchable garbage.

1 Like

I watched Edge of Tomorrow without knowing anything about and liked it a lot. He’s a strange dude but makes good movies.

2 Likes

Same experience with Jack Reacher and Oblivion for me.

good movie

Big Fish

1 Like

That gay cowboy movie was pretty good. Made me have compassion for all the cowboys on the og. Believe me, I had no interest in watching a movie bout cowboys.

Tom Cruise’s the edge of tomorrow was pretty good

Word

If you are looking for a recent release that is on Netflix. I thought “The peanut butter falcon” was really good. Best movie I’ve seen in a while.

I used to play “foreign language movie roulette” when Blockbuster was a thing. I just pick some random foreign movie and watch it. A lot were mediocre, but a few blew me away.

Johnny Stecchino - It’s an Italian comedy by Roberto Benigni long before he became known in the US for Life is Beautiful. I laughed so hard the first time I saw it. I wonder it it holds up.

Cinema Paradiso

I know people shit on it, but i really liked Interstellar.

I went into it not expecting to like it because I usually don’t like Matthew McConaughey