Moving to a new town with no BJJ school..

Hi guys, new to the forum here, and I have a question which i have been pondering for a little while. If this isn't the right place to ask this question, I'm sorry.

I am a BJJ blue belt, and I am about to move to a new town to attend University.

My problem is that I have googled and asked around, and there is NO BJJ whatsoever in the town I am moving to..

I am thinking about asking my instructor if he can give me his blessing to start teaching and eventually have him come visit for seminars and possible graduations, since there is no other option over there. Then i want to ask around at Judo clubs and other martial arts centres if they are interested in starting up BJJ class.

So here I am, asking your advice. What are your thoughts on blue belts teaching, and should I ask my instructor for his permission/blessing?

I can also add that I am a pretty fresh blue belt, and I have been training Jiu Jitsu for two years now.

Sincerely,
Desperate Blue Belt..

Start a training club at the University. Chances are there are at least a few others in your situation and you will surely have new guys join.

^ what these guys said.

Dont look at it as 'teaching' - just share ideas with other martial artists/grapplers that may show up.

Training is better than no training despite the conditions.

Go for it,did the same thing as a white belt. Grow the sport at every opportunity.

Is the University in the US? there are several pretty successful college clubs in California and they put together a league with tournaments and whatnot. If you're in the area PM me and I can put you in touch with some of the guys

Easters - Is the University in the US? there are several pretty successful college clubs in California and they put together a league with tournaments and whatnot. If you're in the area PM me and I can put you in touch with some of the guys

No man, I'm in Norway. BJJ and grappling is growing over here, but it isn't really big yet. MMA fights are actually illegal here, though training it is fine. I guess I'm gonna have to put some hard work in if I want to make it happen.

JiuJitsuViking - 
Easters - Is the University in the US? there are several pretty successful college clubs in California and they put together a league with tournaments and whatnot. If you're in the area PM me and I can put you in touch with some of the guys

No man, I'm in Norway. BJJ and grappling is growing over here, but it isn't really big yet. MMA fights are actually illegal here, though training it is fine. I guess I'm gonna have to put some hard work in if I want to make it happen.

I had a feeling it was in Europe lol. In the U.S. we say "college" not university lol. Good luck! There is no better place to recruit training partners than a college campus. So many young athletic guys with too much time on their hands.

Just wrestle.

Muffinho - Just wrestle.

No "college wrestling" or anything similar in Norway, and as far as I can tell, there are no wrestling clubs in the area either. Wrestling, weirdly, isn't really popular over here.

I think I need to leave this country, lol

JiuJitsuViking - 
Muffinho - Just wrestle.

No "college wrestling" or anything similar in Norway, and as far as I can tell, there are no wrestling clubs in the area either. Wrestling, weirdly, isn't really popular over here.

I bet Ragnar Lothbrok wrestled...

Muffinho - 
JiuJitsuViking - 
Muffinho - Just wrestle.

I bet Ragnar Lothbrok wrestled...

I'm betting vikings in general were pretty beast wrestlers. Why we're not carrying on traditions is beyond me.

Try to find a judo club to train. At your level this would be a very good experience.