Moving to another job, need advice

OK, good gentlemen and women of the OG, I work in the healthcare field and I am on my last three shifts. I have 80+ hrs (a full paycheck!) worth of CTO/PTO which I will not be reimbursed with because I've only been at my current workplace for less than a year. What would you do if you were in my shoes? I called in sick for the first time last week and my manager reminded (threatened) me that I still have to commit to my last days; otherwise, he would exercise the option that I may never be re-hired by the company. What you say almighty OG?

how long have you been there and why are you leaving? if you're leaving in less than a year I doubt that you enjoy it and want to come back. Of course depending on the size and scope of the company you may come back to a completely different department.

Never burn your bridges. You never know of you need to cross back to the town you came from.

1.) Be professional and finish out your work 100%

2.) Don't talk bad on company you're leaving. Phone Post 3.0

Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes - Never burn your bridges. You never know of you need to cross back to the town you came from.

This. Phone Post

cruedi - how long have you been there and why are you leaving? if you're leaving in less than a year I doubt that you enjoy it and want to come back. Of course depending on the size and scope of the company you may come back to a completely different department.

8 mos, fren. I'm leaving because I found a better opportunity. And I actually like the people who I currently work with there. The company is one of the biggest in the US and the biggest in my state. And so I guess I'll just man up and go to my last three shifts even though they'd fuck me over by not reimbursing me my CTO/PTO which I rightfully earned.

Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes - Never burn your bridges. You never know of you need to cross back to the town you came from.

All right, all right, Agent Doakes. Dexter's going back to work. Thanks! VU!

Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes - Never burn your bridges. You never know of you need to cross back to the town you came from.

I quit a 15 year job I hated and still did this, felt good to go out on my high horse when everyone was expecting me to take sick leave and sabotage the place as much as possible. I would never go back though. Phone Post 3.0

Also worth considering as it's the same field is the possibility your manager or anyone else could end up jumping ship too.
Imagine walking in to work in six months and seeing a former colleague, would you want feel proud or embarrassed when you see them. Phone Post 3.0

Man, I never thought the OG had all you guys. I thought it was all about the big caks, the 10/10 womenz, and the lavish lifestyle. Thanks all!

As a former recruiter in the healthcare field, I concur with all the above posters. Suck it up and show for the next 3 shifts. While it sucks to lose all that time off, it's worth it not to have that former employer list you as "would not rehire" in their database. That means future potential employers could discover that when doing employment checks.

Plus, as another poster stated, you never know when you will encounter former colleagues down the line in your healthcare career.

And congrats on your new job. Phone Post 3.0

oioisavvy - Also worth considering as it's the same field is the possibility your manager or anyone else could end up jumping ship too.
Imagine walking in to work in six months and seeing a former colleague, would you want feel proud or embarrassed when you see them. Phone Post 3.0

This. I've had people bail on me like that, then years later when I was with a different company in the same field I had their application come across my desk. Needless to say they didn't get a call.

Don't burn bridges. Phone Post

Industries are very very small. Phone Post 3.0

How are they fucking you over again? If their policy is not to pay out PTO until youve been there a certain time than thats it.

Loke others said- dont burn bridges, show up, do your job well and be done Phone Post 3.0

Agent_Doakes_Aint_no_Jokes - Never burn your bridges. You never know of you need to cross back to the town you came from.

Sound advice

Is this a rule change or did you know that's the way PTO was handled. Seems like you need to be at work.

^This. You didn't earn the time off yet.

It's policy that I wasn't aware of. My fault, I know. And like what the majority here has advised, I will show up to work on my last three shifts and leave on good standing. Thanks, OG!