Moving to Chile to teach English TME/AMA

Just what the thread title says, I'm selling my truck and moving next month (mid March)

GO

Why? Where? Phone Post 3.0

Santiago is beautiful, but don't go to Concepcion.

Golden Stater - Why? Where? Phone Post 3.0

Santiago. And to travel. I want to travel as much as possible and it seems like a better idea to make a little money while I do it instead of saving up for a one time vacation and spending a lot.

White347LX - Santiago is beautiful, but don't go to Concepcion.

Santiago is the plan. And what's wrong with Concepcion? Lol

How did you get into this? Do you have a teaching background? How did you apply? Phone Post 3.0

ChristopherMoltisanti - 

I worked at a hospital there. If you do go there, don't get sick.

Golden Stater - How did you get into this? Do you have a teaching background? How did you apply? Phone Post 3.0

I have an undergrad degree in education, about 2 years of tutoring experience and I got a TEFL certificate from Oxford Seminars.

MarsMan - I spent a few days in Santiago and loved the place.

Good luck to you. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks bro

White347LX - 
ChristopherMoltisanti - 

I worked at a hospital there. If you do go there, don't get sick.

Alright, good advice. I worry about 3rd world emergency health care every time I'm in a foreign country

That's cool I want to plan a trip to chile really bad within the next year. Hope you have a good time. Stay safe. Phone Post 3.0

Golden Stater - That's cool I want to plan a trip to chile really bad within the next year. Hope you have a good time. Stay safe. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome. I plan on getting an apartment in Santiago and staying for about a year so if I'm still down there you can crash and we be OGers in South America

Have fun Phone Post

209ESE - 
ChristopherMoltisanti - 
Golden Stater - How did you get into this? Do you have a teaching background? How did you apply? Phone Post 3.0

I have an undergrad degree in education, about 2 years of tutoring experience and I got a TEFL certificate from Oxford Seminars.

How was the oxford seminars tefl course as a whole? Im actually starting it the 14th. As much info possible would be nice and have a vu for your efforts ;)

I got the 100 hour Oxford certificate and I took it at Cal State Los Angeles. It was 60 hours in-class and 40 hours online. It was all day (10-6) every Saturday/Sunday for a month. The teacher was cool and tried to answer all the questions you had about moving abroad, etc. there was a lot of getting into small groups and doing whatever assignment they gave you and a lot of speaking in front of the class. There is only one big project at the end where you make a lesson plan and present it to the class for around 30 minutes. In class section was super easy. The online portion actually required effort and knowledge but it's still very easy. Let me know if you have any more questions. And good luck.

Enjoy yourself this will be the greatest experience if your life.

I don't know if your Canadian or American but when you live in another country as someone from North America you represent us all. Please be on your best behaviour and represent us well. Phone Post 3.0

Chile today, hot tamale?

Jeon Sa - Enjoy yourself this will be the greatest experience if your life.

I don't know if your Canadian or American but when you live in another country as someone from North America you represent us all. Please be on your best behaviour and represent us well. Phone Post 3.0
lol when i backpacked Europe, Americans had the WORST reputations in the hostels and backpacking community. Drunk, Loud and Horny basically sums it up...but some Aussies, Canadians and South Africans were just as bad if not WORSE...hostels were all about alcohol and sex with someone from another country lol Phone Post 3.0