Moving to FL alone with no job...risky?

Making the move down from NY to Tampa-area in a couple weeks. I have enough savings to hold me over for several months however I plan on looking for a job as soon as I get down there. How is the work environment?

Also, I am 23 years old. Phone Post 3.0

Moving anywhere with no job is risky.

Why are you moving?

What kind of work do you do?

You'll be selling your body to Japanese businessmen before you make to the Pennsylvania border.

Depends on what kind of job you're after. There's lots of opportunities at low paying, low skilled service jobs. Finding a steady, well paying job is difficult. The construction and manufacturing jobs aren't there like they are in the Midwest and other parts of the country, and the professional sector is pretty competitive. Phone Post 3.0

TheReflectionOfPerfection - Making the move down from NY to Tampa-area in a couple weeks. I have enough savings to hold me over for several months however I plan on looking for a job as soon as I get down there. How is the work environment?

Also, I am 23 years old. Phone Post 3.0

Perhaps it would have been smarter to line something up (even if it's not your dream job) first?

Look in the Tampa Tribune classifieds and Monster, etc. for jobs and then schedule a trip down for interviews. Tell prospective employers "I'm moving down on XXXX".

A little extra time and effort now will benefit you in the long run...

If you want to work in a restaurant / hotel no problem. Obviously the more money you want to make the harder those jobs are to come by.

Need a roomate? I live in NY and also want to move to Florida

Rip Phone Post 3.0

If you're a Jets fan, fuck off.

Otherwise, welcome to Florida. Watch your butthole. Phone Post 3.0

Go for it. It's not that hard to get a job people who say it is either lack personable qualities or are just lazy Phone Post 3.0