Moving to Indonesia.

I will be moving to Indonesia at the beginning of next year. Has anyone ever lived there or visited? Phone Post 3.0

Been to Bali... It's killer! Where you moving? Phone Post 3.0

In for more info.

What are the dangers there for Americans? Laws? Police corruption? Taxes?

I know several people who have lived/visited there. They say people are super friendly, food is amazing and cheap, Bali is the shit, and the language is easy to learn.

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Been to Bali... It's killer! Where you moving? Phone Post 3.0
Pekanbaru, actually a small town just outside of it called Rumbai. Phone Post 3.0

TheHawker - I know several people who have lived/visited there. They say people are super friendly, food is amazing and cheap, Bali is the shit, and the language is easy to learn.
I wish I was going to Bali, I'll probably get a chance to visit, but I'll be moving to an expat community that not even close to Bali. Phone Post 3.0

Good luck. Phone Post 3.0

My comment applied to Indonesia as a whole, just that everyone I knew who lived there loved visiting Bali.

brother visited there years ago

and have family friends that were missionaries there

Why? Where do you live now? Phone Post 3.0

Kostakio - Why? Where do you live now? Phone Post 3.0
I live in Louisiana. Phone Post 3.0

One of my best friends moved to the Gili islands and is never coming back. Can't say I blame him... says its where a lot of UK people vacation so he bangs British and Aussie tourists all day. Phone Post 3.0

Why you moving? Job? Phone Post 3.0

TexDeuce - Why you moving? Job? Phone Post 3.0
Wife's job is moving us there. Phone Post 3.0

Are you excited? Phone Post 3.0

I was there for about 6 weeks once backpacking and surfing. Mostly Bali and Lombok and the Gili Islands. All were awesome. Friendly people, beautiful places.

I have a friend who lived in Jakarta for a year he pulled a ton of local chicks, said they were psyched to sleep over in a house that had AC lol. Phone Post 3.0

Damaynevent - 

Cool. I would imagine they're covering the moving expenses.

What are you going to do there? Day labor?

billyball2 -
Damaynevent - 

Cool. I would imagine they're covering the moving expenses.

What are you going to do there? Day labor?
I was hoping to get a gig at one of the international schools teaching English. My wife's company is getting her a work visa, but I'm on my own if I want work while we're living there. Phone Post 3.0

I live on Bali since 9 years ago. Came he4 for a spiritual sportcamp, now I can knock people out out from a distance. Its great for holliday I guess but yeah, people burn trash so that sucks.

I visited Jakarta last year for a week. I stayed in Glodok, which is the "Chinatown" of Jakarta.