Moving to Indonesia.

My wife is from Indonesia and I plan on retiring there. I have visited 5 times, each time I stay for about a month.

Thought some spots there weren't currently safe for white people/US citizens.? Phone Post 3.0

BravoPUA - Thought some spots there weren't currently safe for white people/US citizens.? Phone Post 3.0

I would say the only place for foreigners to avoid would be Aceh. I have traveled all over Indonesia and never once felt in danger.

A good friend of mine is Indonesian, and moved here as an adult.

She is non-muslim, whereas the majority of Indoesia is Muslim. The one piece of advice I've taken away from our conversations is that people take Islam very seriously, and you should never fuck around about it. No jokes, no good-natured ribbing- just don't.

Everything else sounds amazing! Friendly people, beautiful places, great food. Just don't mess around with religion.

Cheap flights to Perth Western Australia (my home town). My wife's mum is originally from one of the islands in Indonesia but moved to Singapore when she was young. What I know about most Indonesian / Malay people that I've met is that they are pretty laid back and care more about what is for lunch and dinner than anything else Phone Post 3.0

Ayatolla of Rock and Rolla - 
BravoPUA - Thought some spots there weren't currently safe for white people/US citizens.? Phone Post 3.0

I would say the only place for foreigners to avoid would be Aceh. I have traveled all over Indonesia and never once felt in danger.

Full Sharia law in Aceh.

On my very first day of walking around Jakarta (I was headed toward Old Batavia) I was approached by 4 young guys in uniforms (WTF did I do?) They asked if they could practice English speaking with me. They were young Naval officers who just graduated and were on a sightseeing trip before they shipped out for a 12 mo. deployment.

I had similar expereinces frequently during my trip, Indonesian people were extremely polite, very friendly and genuinely curious about what I thought about Jakarta and that they liked the US, especially Barack Obama, who lived in Indonesia as a child.

I think the movie the raid is from there. If im right you better toughen up you pussy that movie is fucking bonkers Phone Post 3.0