Moya Brand Gis

Anyone own or have owned any? Just looking for some forum users opinions on these gis. I love the styling on the plain white sand Gi and was looking to possibly purchase it. I know the company has great customer service (emailed them for sizing and the president emailed me back within 20 minutes) but again was looking for your reviews and maybe some shrinking/sizing info. Phone Post

Just for additional info in case one of you coincidentally happens to be my size (unlikely): 5'10 145 with long arms and legs (75 inch reach) Phone Post

I have one and love it. Phone Post

joshjitsu - I have one and love it. Phone Post

Sweet, did you shrink it at all or did it come fitting you well? Phone Post

I shrunk an A1 down a bit and it fits me great. I am 5'9" 175lbs the blue didn't shrink as much as I would have liked so I sold it but I am kinda picky on how my gi's fit. Phone Post

youre 5'9 175 and wear a shrunken A1? im the same size and barely fit into my A2s anymore

I have one and I love it. Probably the 2nd best Gi I have ever owned. TEKO being the first.

Customer service is awesome. I emailed them about sizing and we went back and forth and figured out the best size. Jessie was very helpful and I would get another one.

I am 6"3 215lb and got an A3 and its perfect.

joshjitsu - I shrunk an A1 down a bit and it fits me great. I am 5'9" 175lbs the blue didn't shrink as much as I would have liked so I sold it but I am kinda picky on how my gi's fit. Phone Post

Thanks for the feedback but just making sure that wasnt a typo (since it makes me rethink my sizing choice). A shrunken down a1?! so would you recommend an a1 for me too? I was thinking of getting an a2 Phone Post

Baroquen Record - youre 5'9 175 and wear a shrunken A1? im the same size and barely fit into my A2s anymore

Are those moya A2s or were you just amazed at his Gi size like I was. Phone Post

Moyas run big. Im 5'6 about 145lbs and wear an A0. the white is a little bit smaller fitting than the blue.

elburrogrande - Moyas run big. Im 5'6 about 145lbs and wear an A0. the white is a little bit smaller fitting than the blue.

Appreciate the input. So would you lean more towards an A1 in white for my size? Phone Post

also voted you to neutral elburrogrande. that single vote down bothered me

^^^lol thanks! it kinda bothered me too. I would definitely say an A1 over an A2 just be very careful with shrinking.

you can also contact them via email the guy responds super fast to any questions

I got a new Moya just last week and I like it a lot. I am 5'11" and around 185 lbs. Usually I fit an A2 well right out of the package, but if it shrinks even a little bit then the gi is too small. So this time I decided I would try to shrink down an A3. Unfortunately, it only shrank a little bit, so it is a little bit on the big side still, but not too bad. I have a hard time imagining that you would wear an A1. Is there a sizing chart on the site?

Overall, the gi is very comfortable with a nice cut and it seems pretty sturdy. Time will tell how well it holds up, but I suspect it will be just fine.

Hate to sound like a hater, but my friend owns one of their white gi's.

It is the roughest material I have seen in a gi. Maybe he got a defective one? But the gi kinda feels like sandpaper.

I always feel kinda bad when he wears it, because I was the one that recommended the gi- as I liked the styling of it.

kying418 - Hate to sound like a hater, but my friend owns one of their white gi's.

It is the roughest material I have seen in a gi. Maybe he got a defective one? But the gi kinda feels like sandpaper.

I always feel kinda bad when he wears it, because I was the one that recommended the gi- as I liked the styling of it.

Thats odd, I've heard the opposite. Maybe your friend washes it incorrectly??

tio te - I got a new Moya just last week and I like it a lot. I am 5'11" and around 185 lbs. Usually I fit an A2 well right out of the package, but if it shrinks even a little bit then the gi is too small. So this time I decided I would try to shrink down an A3. Unfortunately, it only shrank a little bit, so it is a little bit on the big side still, but not too bad. I have a hard time imagining that you would wear an A1. Is there a sizing chart on the site?

Overall, the gi is very comfortable with a nice cut and it seems pretty sturdy. Time will tell how well it holds up, but I suspect it will be just fine.

Yea I'm still on the line between a1 and a2 judging by peoples responses, leaning towards a1 though. I'm just reaaally skinny and im tired of my schools A2 being to baggy on me. And yea theres a sizing chart but since I'm so lanky my weight barely reaches the low end of A1 and my height is at the middle of A2.

I want to try the blue in a3. I'll wait and see if one comes up on ebay.

How do they compare to other pearl weave gis? How is cut compared to them? My favorite pearl weave is still my 4 year old shoyoroll but I need to replace I was looking at Moya also.