Moya Brand Gis

Are they cut pretty much just like a SYO/Ouano or are they different?

Baroquen Record - youre 5'9 175 and wear a shrunken A1? im the same size and barely fit into my A2s anymore

I lightly shrunk SYR,Koral lite, moya, keiko a1's. yes 5'9 175

I wear a2 in Atama though Phone Post

brixx139 -
Baroquen Record - youre 5'9 175 and wear a shrunken A1? im the same size and barely fit into my A2s anymore

Are those moya A2s or were you just amazed at his Gi size like I was. Phone Post

I like the A1's fit, and I have made it through the IBJJF gi check numerous times with it.

I would say the moya runs larger than SYR Phone Post

brixx139 - 
kying418 - Hate to sound like a hater, but my friend owns one of their white gi's.

It is the roughest material I have seen in a gi. Maybe he got a defective one? But the gi kinda feels like sandpaper.

I always feel kinda bad when he wears it, because I was the one that recommended the gi- as I liked the styling of it.

Thats odd, I've heard the opposite. Maybe your friend washes it incorrectly??

Yeah, I have no idea...I'm glad to hear others like it a lot.

I'm 5'11 and 200 lbs. I got an A3 white and it was huge even after shrinking. I currently use a blue A2 which fits perfect but I only hang dry which does give it a slight sand papery feel. Phone Post

I'm 5'9 and 160 and the a1 is great. I have both the blue and white one (white one is for sale, used twice) and the white one is rougher than the blue. I reviewed the blue one and then later got the white one cause the blue was so nice but then started reviewing more Gis so I hardly wear the white one and use the blue for comps. Also it seems the white one is cut a tad slimmer than the blue one. Not by a lot but it is a bit slimmer. If you wanna see my review you can go to www.grapplersreview.com

shen -
Are they cut pretty much just like a SYO/Ouano or are they different?

One of my students have one and i have a SYR count. I am pretty positive these gi are the same with different patches. The material, cut, stitching are identical. Phone Post

^ Cool, thank you.

They are not the same cut. Moyas have a longer skirt, sleeves, and pants. They are also a little bit wider than syr's in the sleeves.

RobertKipness - I'm 5'9 and 160 and the a1 is great. I have both the blue and white one (white one is for sale, used twice) and the white one is rougher than the blue. I reviewed the blue one and then later got the white one cause the blue was so nice but then started reviewing more Gis so I hardly wear the white one and use the blue for comps. Also it seems the white one is cut a tad slimmer than the blue one. Not by a lot but it is a bit slimmer. If you wanna see my review you can go to www.grapplersreview.com

Thanks man. Pretty convinced im going for the white a1 Phone Post

We have a wholesale account with Moya and I have sold probably 30 gis to our students and own two myself. I like them, customer service is top notch. Im 5 8 150ish and wear an A1.

i'm 6'2 about 188lbs and i wear an a2. pants are a little short but otherwise it fits like a dream. drawstring stays closed, pants aren't enormous in the waist so they stay on well. the top isn't that rough i'd comparable it to the koral i own. color has stayed in it after regular washing. i like it a lot. 

Yeah, I get that sandpaper gi issue with my Koral also when I hang dry it. It goes away once I start rolling and break a sweat though.

Put it in the dryer on fluff air no heat cycle after you hang dry. It will feel soft. I do this every time.

I had a Blue Dial and have a Bill Cooper, both in A3. I'm a little over 6'1" and 190 lbs, and all my previous gis have been A3's. The Bill Cooper shrunk nice after two trips through the washer and drier and is a perfect fit. The Blue Dial went through numerous hot wash/hot dry and I could never get it to shrink enough. The sleeves were just a little too long. Jesse Moya, who is a super cool guy, said the colored gis don't shrink as much due the dye. That said, if you're on the fence size wise and you want a colored gi, order small.