Mr. Miagi - Unsung Hero

I would love to see a movie about the 442nd RCT staring a young Mr Miagi.

Opens with Miagi as a boy training with his dad. It's a parallel to the scene with Daniel training on the boat where Daniel learns we train "so we don't have to fight." His father, whom he loves intensely urges him to be a man of peace and reminds him that men are like bonsai trees. They are shaped by the events of their lives but can be shaped for good or ill. With strong roots, anything is possible.

The Sato drama plays out, and as much as Miagi wants to fight for love, a boy's promise to his father is sacred. Yuki sees this and being a good woman would never ask him to sacrifice his honor for her. She's strong in her own way and resolves to take the decision out of Miagi's hands by trying to kill herself by drowning in the ocean. Miagi saves her, but as he drags her to the beach and gives mouth to mouth, Sato arrives. Enraged he challenged Miagi right there. Miagi explains she has to go to a hospital. The fight is postponed. Miagi leaves after dropping her off.

Fast forward to Miagi in America. His wife is pregnant and he is off to war. Shortly after he leaves his wife is placed in an internment camp. Cue montage of wife behind razor wire while Miagi is in Basic and a VO speech about fighting for freedom plays.

His buddies talk about going to CA after the war. He gets the letter about the death of his wife and son. He is guilt ridden because she died to give him a son but he never really loved her. But she loved him enough to die for him. His world ends and he basically decided to throw his life away. He charges MG nests and leads attacks. Basically begging the Germans to kill him. But against all odds, they fail.

Miagi realizes that he's betrayed everything he held dear. The promise he made, the woman he loved and woman who loved him. He gets the CMoH but for him it represents his failure and shame. He accepts the award in a ceremony that to him feels like a funeral. He moves to throw it away, but sees the faces of his buddies who died and can't. But he can't look at it either so he throws it in a drawer.

After getting out of the Army he wanders. Lost, without family, without a home. He remembers his dead buddies talking about CA and goes to Reseda with the intention of visiting his war buddy's family. While there he sees an apartment complex with a help wanted sign. He pauses. He's flooded with memories of lost friends and broken promises. Finally he settles on a memory of his father urging him to be a man of peace. To be a builder and not a destroyer. To shape himself like he does the bonsai, to be a better man.

He picks up the help wanted sign and walks into the office.

Definitely a movie I'd be up for seeing. Read this in the Miyagi/Coward thread, but will VU here for your efforts! But was he fighting the germans or the japanese?

Phone Post 3.0

Liyon - Definitely a movie I'd be up for seeing. Read this in the Miyagi/Coward thread, but will VU here for your efforts! But was he fighting the germans or the japanese?
I think he was fighting the Germans. He was part of the 442nd and they were deployed in Italy. Phone Post 3.0

Liyon - Definitely a movie I'd be up for seeing. Read this in the Miyagi/Coward thread, but will VU here for your efforts! But was he fighting the germans or the japanese?
Thanks and back at ya Phone Post 3.0

If do right no can defense.