Mr. Wonderful fighting Rumble, trash talks Jones

Go Rumble!

Can't help it I'll root for him still. Can't get over Johnsons weight fiasco's just yet essentially fighting 3 weight classes lower to have an insane power advantage just rubbed me the wrong way.

Plus he broke AA's jaw and that made me sad lol.

Beep Phone Post 3.0

I cant think of too many times where an athlete so blatantly overlooked their opponent that it didnt come back to bite them in the... AJ isnt Jones...hes top 15 maybe fringe top 10 but not a route either. He had 4 losses. Kevin Burns after his retina was detached, koscheck after an eye poke, vitor after a bad weight cut and Rich Clementi 7 years ago. This is not a route by any means and could easily be fight of the night. If Phil takes him lightly hes going to wake up realizing he should not have...

I'm rooting for Rumble on this one. I know Phil is jsut trying to promote a potential title fight, but he can't sleep on AJ cause he will fuck him up. Focus on the task at hand. AJ b breakin' bolts since he was a youngin son

Whatever you think of Davis' comments about Jones you have to admit it turns a potential ho-hum title shot (at least to some) into an intriguing one.

For those who think Davis doesn't have a prayer at least the trash talk gives the fight some incentive. Look at Jones v. Chael. Nobody believed Sonnen had a chance but we wanted to see it anyway.

I'm a simpleton.

I don't need a whole shit load of incentive to watch two guys fight in a cage. Phone Post 3.0

theDude81 -
CoalTrain - I will truly piss myself if Johnson knocks him out. He is starting to really bug me. Phone Post 3.0

This. I'm gonna laugh if Johnson KOs his ass.
I'm with ya brutha Phone Post 3.0

theDude81 - 
CoalTrain - 
Aaron Becker -
theDude81 - 
CoalTrain - I will truly piss myself if Johnson knocks him out. He is starting to really bug me. Phone Post 3.0

you realize that he's doing all this cause Dana told him to don't you?
I do but he comes off as a dick doing it now. A few days before he has a fight. Why not get past Johnson first so if he loses he doesn't look stupid? Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. He can't wait one week to talk trash? Come on Phil.

could you imagine joe namath guaranteeing he was going to win one of his biggest games ever before hand? or babe ruth being cocky enough to call his shot?

yes it could back fire. it also could be great if he wins impressively, people might actually buy into to him a bit more which will increase his value in and out the cage.

either way its helping promotion rt now and its good promotion for phil,rumble,and jbj no matter what the outcome really. someone has and will continue to benefit from this, which is the goal...no matter which one benefits from it the ufc benefits from it. hence dana wanting him to try and create a little buzz.

Phil is obviously a bright guy but he comes off nerdy IMO. I think this new trash talk from him sounds kinda lame and forced. He bores me in AND out of the cage honestly. I'll still pull for him if he fights Jones though!

He does seem to be overlooking Rumble, we will know in a few days if that was a mistake.

Unlike some others I like the way he is approaching this, aside from overlooking his opponent. He is at least showing some personality. If he could improve his stand up game and continuously beat top 5-10 guys he would be very well served.

We will see where things go for him from here.

Ray Cappa - Phil Davis is actually the most underrated trash talker in the UFC. He's been doing it for a while. He's actually a lit wittier than most talkers who get props. Phone Post 3.0
Are you serious? Rashad killed him in trash talking. Phone Post 3.0

Whether he's annoying or delighting you, all you motherfuckers are talking about him right now. Guess what he's doing is working Phone Post 3.0

Davis just trying to talk himself into a fight with Senor Nor. Phone Post 3.0

Aaron Becker -
CoalTrain - 
Aaron Becker -
theDude81 - 

you realize that he's doing all this cause Dana told him to don't you?
I do but he comes off as a dick doing it now. A few days before he has a fight. Why not get past Johnson first so if he loses he doesn't look stupid? Phone Post 3.0

cause this is what DFW called for him to do. Being an arrogant smack talker get's you title shots
Not if you lose your next fight. Phone Post 3.0

WelterweightBatman - Whether he's annoying or delighting you, all you motherfuckers are talking about him right now. Guess what he's doing is working Phone Post 3.0

I can't stand it when someone trots out this talking point and acts like it is profound.

Gee whiz, a bunch of dudes who regularly post on an MMA forum are talking about what an MMA fighter did or said leading up to a fight!

We are falling right into his devious trap!!1

"Probably the easier way would be to just give it up, just walk over here and say, 'You know what? Honestly, I'm scared. I'm just going to give you the belt.'"

I had that dream once. Some rich guy just says you know what go ahead and take my Ferrari. Then just tosses me the keys. Of course that never happened either. Turns out you have to earn it!

looking past .... done did it

How's that working out for ya Phil??? Phone Post 3.0

After the trouncing Phil took, the crap he talked before this fight really makes him look silly. Man did he look "average" last night. Phone Post 3.0