MTX sponsored Hillary Williams wins Absolute

and her division. Only one match in her division but the girl was super tough! Also not sure how many matches in absolute but still a great accomplishment.

Thanks to her sponsors, especially MTXMMA.com

guyer29x - pics?

did she compete against Gabriella Garcia in the absolute?

i saw Gabriella go flying in the background and then the match ended. Did she get DQ'd for something?

http://www.mtxmma.com/

She had 3 matches in the absolute and beat a HW girl by JUDO! Wow, winning her division at BB is awesome but then Absolute? What the heck. I'm speechless.

our little resident superstar

Wow, that is really impressive,congradulations Hillary!!! I bet she's on cloud 9! :)

Congrats Hillary!  Well done.

Now let's get back to the topic of guessing numbers to win a date with you...

rolijuju - She had 3 matches in the absolute and beat a HW girl by JUDO! Wow, winning her division at BB is awesome but then Absolute? What the heck. I'm speechless.

So that is why I saw that big girl doing a flip...damn that is impressive

rolijuju - She had 3 matches in the absolute and beat a HW girl by JUDO! Wow, winning her division at BB is awesome but then Absolute? What the heck. I'm speechless.
Oh, geez. We'll never hear the end of this from Quincy Rice.

any of the other girls pick numbers?

Congrats Killary!

so awesome. I wonder how many girls she's going to inspire to get into BJJ?

TTT  for ass kissing.

Great job .

she beat Gabriela Garcia in the finals.. garcia threw a tempertantrum almost as big as she is at the end of the match. Screaing at the crowd pleading with officals.. No class. She bullied and stalled her way through both her divisions all day.. Congrats to Hillary who bullied the bully..

PINKsinglet -  any of the other girls pick numbers?

Will you be filling in for the person who picked the best number?

Thanks everyone. Huge thank you to all my sponsors, especially MTX Audio, Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear, and Bill MacPherson for making all my competition possible.

My matches: Middleweight: Just had one here, against Sheila Bird, a very tough black belt from Canada. Quickly into the match she got two advantages for some tough takedowns that I managed to scramble out of once she put me on my ass. Realizing I was outclassed on the feet, I pulled guard. For five minutes Sheila played to posture but not to pass, and it made attacking impossible. She received a stalling warning, a negative advantage, and finally they stood us up and gave me two points. I pulled right away and started working. I went for a triangle but my legs gave out on me quickly and she nearly passed. I went to deep half guard where she caught a kimura and I used the opportunity to get on top, where I received sweep points. I took her back and locked a body triangle as time ran out.

Open weight: First was against a lightweight brown belt, Leticia, from Check Mat. She grabbed my leg, I gave up the two points and jumped guard, triangled her, rolled to mount and finished her.

Second match was against a heavyweight, Katie. We played from the feet until it hit me that she was 30 lbs heavier and way stronger than me, and I jumped guard. A few minutes of work and I got the triangle, rolled to mount, and finished.

Third match was against Gabrielle Garcia. She is bigger than you can imagine, holy hell. And stronger too. She pushed me around and the ref was telling me he was going to take points away if I kept fleeing the mat. She was pushing me out! Hahah. I took a hard slap to the face but I don't think it was personal. Then, in an act of either God or Judo, I waited for her to push and hit a drop saionage (sp?). The IBJJF rules state that controlled on takedowns must be maintained for 3 seconds or the throw must be an ippon, with the back flat on the mat, to get the two points. So I got them, despite her getting back up. Here's the part where knowing Portuguese helped me out. She said, "Perai" which can be "stop" or "hold on" depending on context. I was confused, obviously, as I didn't think you could call timeout, and the ref called the match per the rule of "complaining of cramps means DQ." It sucked, because I don't like anyone to be mad at me, I've got nothing but respect for her, and I don't want to win that way, but rules are there for a reason and by our level you should know the rules in and out.

Vid of that match  

thats a big bitch, now you know how i feel when i have to grapple you Duff

I am going to start to say I feel a cramp every time I get caught. Matt does Hillary have weight on you? If so how much?