Muay Thai gyms in HK?

I'll be in HK for three weeks. I'll be staying in Sham Shui Po. Can anyone recommend any Muay Thai gyms? I've done my google search but interested in people's experiences and recommendations. I can speak basic mandarin and a tiny bit of cantonese.

Depends what you want.

If you just want cardio, there are plenty of shitty daytime gyms.

If you want some sparring with Thai guys, I know good ones in Yau Ma Tei, To Kwa Wan, Kwun Tong, Causeway Bay and Mong Kok.

There are gyms everywhere, including Sham Shui Po, let me know what you are after and I can tell you more.

Also, there's the Kumite, but it's only OK if you are USA.

Hi dbulletproof,

I'm an amateur competitor in Muay Thai so I'd like to keep up my training with good pad work and sparring. If there are suitable gyms in Sham Shui Po that will be great. But I don't mind travelling up to as far Mongkok and Tsimtsatsui. Phone Post 3.0

I recommend Ten to one in Yau Ma Tei.

The owner, Ton, is an ex Thai Champ, he also taught the Vietnamese Olympic Boxing team.

To be honest, Sham Shui Po is a shithole, and in those gyms they won't speak English.

I live out here, so hit me up if you need any further help.

Ten to One Muay Thai and Fitness
????
??

2/F., Golden Dragon Commercial Bldg., 522 Nathan Road, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, H.K.
Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong

???? 3622 2033

The staff speak English, and Ton sounds like Freddy Kruger.

Give me a shout if you need anymore help.

Dbulletproof,

Thanks for the recommendation. Yes Shamshuipo is a shithole. My first visit there I thought the place was like one d those HK gangster movie setting, haha.

Can I get your email address please? Mine's Shawn.lin01@gmail.com. Phone Post 3.0

Epic with Colassa Vusi Phone Post 3.0

Hi Dbulletproof,

I have been doing muay thai for few months at this gym at CWB but the coaches cannot English so I have a hardtime trying to understand them! And I want to learn more techniques but its hard if the coach cannot instruct me how to do the techniques :S

Would you be able to recommend me the gyms at CWB and Kwun Tong where the coaches can speak English?

Thanks

Epic I've trained there the place is a diamond of a gym and great coaches! Also close to the train station. Phone Post 3.0

Impakt has some amazing fighters and talented trainers. I met Alain at OneFC, and he and his team were very impressive.

TTT for Dbulletpoof

Jackson? You look like a jackson

I love loookoutawhale, hopefully im not alone Phone Post 3.0

JAB MMA. Haven't been personally, but an ex workmates brother runs it. Expat from New Zealand. Went over initially to play rugby. I think it's in HK island? MTR shouldn't take too long. Prob some other English speaking gyms closer though? Phone Post 3.0

frappucino91 - Hi Dbulletproof,

I have been doing muay thai for few months at this gym at CWB but the coaches cannot English so I have a hardtime trying to understand them! And I want to learn more techniques but its hard if the coach cannot instruct me how to do the techniques :S

Would you be able to recommend me the gyms at CWB and Kwun Tong where the coaches can speak English?

Thanks

Wow, forgot all about this one.

Hey Frap, what's the name of the gym you train at in CWB? I know a few there, and I know one awesome teacher who is Thai but can speak enough English to get you chopping down trees in no time.

I also know a few gyms in HK.

Do you prefer the Island or the dark side?