Muay Thai is the premier striking art.

I hope you enjoyed your 5 months on top again Karate. Laew, laew laew, laew!

Lol, we knew it was coming.

This was the sharpest Shogun we've ever seen. He won via discipline, coming prepared, strategy and sharpness. Hes been a MT fighter his whole life and never fought as sharp as this.

Zhou Zhitsu! Zhou Zhitsu!

^ 100% pure...

even Van Damme wanted to learn Muay Thai

MT is alright with me !

Good to know it has your approval

before the fight i was thinking how shoguns muay thai would do against machidas karater, so i watched some k-1 fights and the muay thai guys dominated the karate guys, i wasn't sure how it was gonna translate in the fight though

This has been known for yeeeeeeeeears, LOL at buying into any of the bullshit machida karate hype. 

lol^! if it was such bullshit, why didnt shogun drop machida or have him in serious trouble once in the fight?

why didnt shogun destroy machida like he did rampage?

jmere09 - before the fight i was thinking how shoguns muay thai would do against machidas karater, so i watched some k-1 fights and the muay thai guys dominated the karate guys, i wasn't sure how it was gonna translate in the fight though

MT is the superior in general but Hug, Filho, Feitosa are all karate guys and did welll in K1.

I believe they had a MT vs Kyokushin challenge thing in the 70s and Karate won iirc?

Its not all black and white as the UG makes it all the time.

Kyokushin looks more like muay thai than shotokan imo.

Yep thats why I ditched Karate for Muaythai and did 12 years of it.

Muay Thai is the best stand up art imo all others fall short.

in general, there was never any question.

but lets not act as if MT schooled karate last night.

I always see dudes packin staff and ninja swords downtown at night, its scary. Karate is teh way to go.

"Muay Thai is much easier to learn than Karate."

-No, it just seems like its easier because 100 percent of it works, whereas a lot of what you learn in Karate is bullshit. It seems harder to learn simply because much of what you learn just DOESN'T WORK.

Erik the Red - I always see dudes packin staff and ninja swords downtown at night, its scary. Karate is teh way to go.
lol

There is no such thing as one style of karate so it's kind of funny to hear all these generalizations. I wonder how many karate insta-pundits have actually got experience in it, and of those, how many learned it the way Machida did, or even know how he trained.

No offense

Moo Tie has always been domnant.