MUCH RESPECT: PROPS TO BJ PENN!!! LONG LIVE BJ!!!

I have heard OP mention several times how GSP lost to a natural 155er, well itleast he won the rematch. BJ on the other hand lost twice to someone who obviously is a natural 145er yet we never hear a peep about that.

BJ Penn dominated a division that was recreated in a single season of the ultimate fighter to hype a fight with a guy who got ktfo by Joe Lauzon just before fighting BJ Penn.

In under a minute I might add

Not to mention, most people think itleast 2 of the top 5 lws don't even fight in the UFC lmao, and on top of that BJ never even fought Henderson or Maynard, so his record against top 3 lws is a respective 0 and 2. Most have him losing to Edgar, Milendez, Maynard and Henderson.

Bj may be the GOAT in terms of raw talent, but until he can show he has the heart to win a tough fight he isn't in the running for best fighter even at 155.

He has breezed thru some of the best, but aytime his opponent was able to make it a hard fight, he lost.

Eloise Ann - 
rrg1 - Isn't BJ like 12-7 in the UFC? I'm pretty sure that's the same guy who got beaten so badly that he thought it better to QUIT than continue. Hell, it might be the same guy who just got beat by a dude who can't even hack it in the UFC lol.

Then again, I could be wrong.

Flame away romo.

Ban Phone Post

He's just playing the lionsoul game, Eloise Ann.

Tell us again how you used to like GSP, lionsoul.

Daht - Bj may be the GOAT in terms of raw talent, but until he can show he has the heart to win a tough fight he isn't in the running for best fighter even at 155.

He has breezed thru some of the best, but aytime his opponent was able to make it a hard fight, he lost.

Or a fighter that has a strategy. How he fought Edgar so poorly in the rematch quite possibly makes him the dumbest fighter in the history of MMA. Edgar did the exact same fucking thing in the rematch and BJ managed to look worse???? wtf!

Sorry I will reword what I said, lowest MMA IQ in the history of mma, I don't like to use the word dumb with a fighter

BJ was the greatest lightweight of his era, and do people seriously not like a fighter because of his fans? That's fucking retarded and shows the ignorance of people on the UG. BJ has done things no other fighter has and been successful so go drown yourselves Phone Post

Muzalini - 

BJ was the greatest lightweight of his era, and do people seriously not like a fighter because of his fans? That's fucking retarded and shows the ignorance of people on the UG. BJ has done things no other fighter has and been successful so go drown yourselves Phone Post

I disagree, he was champ in the current lw era and he only fought 1 guy considered to be top 5 and he fought him twice and lost twice. He had one of his most dominant wins going into the fight with Edgar against Sanchez so don't start any time machine post prime talk. He just beat guys who were not that good

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -
Muzalini -  BJ was the greatest lightweight of his era, and do people seriously not like a fighter because of his fans? That's fucking retarded and shows the ignorance of people on the UG. BJ has done things no other fighter has and been successful so go drown yourselves Phone Post

I disagree, he was champ in the current lw era and he only fought 1 guy considered to be top 5 and he fought him twice and lost twice. He had one of his most dominant wins going into the fight with Edgar against Sanchez so don't start any time machine post prime talk. He just beat guys who were not that good

Also beat Matt Hughes twice Phone Post

Muzalini -  BJ was the greatest lightweight of his era, and do people seriously not like a fighter because of his fans? That's fucking retarded and shows the ignorance of people on the UG. BJ has done things no other fighter has and been successful so go drown yourselves Phone Post

Diego Sanchez not that good? He beat Nick Diaz! Sean Sherk? Jens Pulver? Renzo, Gomi, I love revisionist history. When Penn was at his best Frankie and Gray weren't even names yet Phone Post

Muzalini - 

Yes he did. That is what I give him credit for. I think he matched up well against someone with terrible standup and relatively slow. Hughes dominated an era of WWs where Frank Trigg was #2, just have to put things into perspective sometimes

Muzalini - 

Yes he did. That is what I give him credit for. I think he matched up well against someone with terrible standup and relatively slow. Hughes dominated an era of WWs where Frank Trigg was #2, just have to put things into perspective sometimes

You have to realize evolution of training and the sport creates better and better fighters from a younger age but that doesn't mean that when a young up and comer beats a legend that the legend wasn't any good to begin with. Look at Muhammad Ali, he lost 3 out of his last 4 to guys who weren't amazing fighters but he is still considered by many to be the goat in boxing Phone Post

Muzalini - 

Diego Sanchez not that good? He beat Nick Diaz! Sean Sherk? Jens Pulver? Renzo, Gomi, I love revisionist history. When Penn was at his best Frankie and Gray weren't even names yet Phone Post

He has a couple good wins but no he is not a legitimate contender at 155 or 170

Eloise Ann - 

Weak troll or mental illness Phone Post

Tell me who are the top 5 lws right now, tell me how many were not fighting when BJ was champ, tell me who of them BJ fought and his record against them. Then call me a troll

I will concede that BJ Penn is currently the 5th best lw in the world. That is no small accomplishment

I remember when Jermaine Taylor was a great MW, then the division started to get good lol

Eloise Ann - 

Weak troll or mental illness Phone Post

Tell me who are the top 5 lws right now, tell me how many were not fighting when BJ was champ, tell me who of them BJ fought and his record against them. Then call me a troll

Just because they were fighting doesn't mean they were contenders to fight BJ, and no one is saying BJ is a contender today. Phone Post

It's like saying Babe Ruth or Hank Aaron weren't any good because of the level of competition they faced compared to today's pitchers. It's just dumb. Phone Post

roguePND80centUGCTT -  Holy fucking FRAT, Batman

You're going down! Phone Post