Much Respect to Thatch

This guy is not getting enough credit. Losing to Bendo is not shameful. That guy is a beast and showcased some serious standup. His head movement and footwork was a thing of true art. Much respect to Thatch. I want to see him vs. Matt Brown or even Condit down the road. Phone Post 3.0

It really was a lose/lose for Thatch so it makes me respect him even more for accepting the fight.

Big props to Bendo for stepping up to fight Thatch, and big props to Thatch for taking such a big risk against Bendo.  Just a great fight overall and I respect the hell out of both of them.

AndyWangPainTrain - He would probably have to win 3 in a row and break the top 10 to get one of those guys. I think he is capable though, eventually. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed. And his road to contention is going to be very entertaining. I see this guy imposing his will on lots of fighters. Phone Post 3.0

Now that the crow that I ate has settled I agree. vu's

It really sucks for him in my opinion because if he fought Wonderboy I think things would have been waaay different. Phone Post 3.0

East bound and down Korean Powers - It really sucks for him in my opinion because if he fought Wonderboy I think things would have been waaay different. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed.

Ben is a good well conditioned fighter.

Those first 2 rounds were a toss up they way I had it with ben dominating the 3rd.

Most likely (IMO) would have been a split decision either way.

Not a bad showing by any means. I think he gassed a bit at the end.

I love his style and look forward to watching him in more cards. Phone Post 3.0

Agree 100%. It's rare that when there's a finish both guys come out of the fight better off, but it happened in this one. Brandon is still extremely green and needed one of these kind of fights under his belt. Ben admitted he kind of had to "run" so he wouldn't get tagged with Brandon's power. The WW's like Mein, Thompson, etc who he will probably fight next won't think they need to run...Thatch will get back to his 1st round ko's again. HIs style is so aggressive, any fight he's in will be fun to watch.

Good post OP, VU!!

Thatch has impressed me. Huge potential and seems like a really classy guy.

Props to Bendo as well. Phone Post 3.0

Agreed. Nothing but a bump in the road. Phone Post 3.0

East bound and down Korean Powers - It really sucks for him in my opinion because if he fought Wonderboy I think things would have been waaay different. Phone Post 3.0

Completely disagree. Wonderboy going into this fight with Thatch had been beating tougher competition than Thatch was beating, and Wonderboy was proving not only does he stand up well to a stiff test, he finds ways to win and win impressively while staying in control of his opponent. Not only does Thatch have holes in his ground game which goes without saying, he has some holes in his stand up that Benson was able to exploit and Wonderboy with superior stand by far to Benson also would have certainly been able to exploit those holes. Stylistically Wonderboy was about as bad a match up as Benson was.

Nice personality, awesome aggressive style. I like the guy.
He would have arguably won would it have been a 3 round affair. Phone Post 3.0

GrindOnLine - Nice personality, awesome aggressive style. I like the guy.
He would have arguably won would it have been a 3 round affair. Phone Post 3.0
Good point on the three rounder Phone Post 3.0

Yeah man good fight to learn from thought he did good for himself Phone Post 3.0

I think with a little more experience in big fights and 5 rounders, the guy will be a contender in no time. I was very impressed with his skills, he's just green. Phone Post 3.0

Dilly - I think with a little more experience in big fights and 5 rounders, the guy will be a contender in no time. I was very impressed with his skills, he's just green. Phone Post 3.0
Yep my thoughts as well. Seems like he has a good attitude as well. Certainly put on a hell of a fight even if he lost Phone Post 3.0

Can't wait to see Thatch fight again.

IMO I believe Thatch is a top 10 WW. I'd say ranked 8-10. Although Bendo moved up from 155, he is still a top 5 lightweight, former champ, and on any night can beat just about anyone. I'm not a fan of Bendo, but also have nothing against him. However, his resume speaks for itself and he is legit, and has shown that time and time again. Thatch showcased what he is capable of early on and would've finished most fighters. Up a weight or not, Bendo is a world class fighter. I feel like Thatch showcased his skills and Bendo showed why he was a champion and both fighters should only gain credibility from it Phone Post 3.0

no shame in losing to Bendo. Thatch has a bright future ahead of him.

Guy is a machine i hope he gets a shot at the top guys again Phone Post 3.0

Can't see him fighting Brown, they're training partners. Schaub said Brown sleeps on Thatch's couch when in camp. Phone Post 3.0