Muhammad Ali hospitalized , Details still shaky

Muhammad Ali hospitalized for treatment of respiratory issue

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Boxing legend Muhammad Ali has been hospitalized and is being treated for a respiratory issue, according to a family spokesperson.

"Ali, who suffers from Parkinson’s disease, is being treated by his team of doctors and is in fair condition," wrote family spokesman Bob Gunnell in a written statement.  "A brief hospital stay is expected. At this time, the Muhammad Ali family respectfully requests privacy."

Stay with WDRB News. We'll update this story as it develops. Phone Post 3.0

Rest up Champ Phone Post 3.0

Joe O'Brien - RIP :( Phone Post 3.0
Not cool Phone Post 3.0

not the best choice of words in the title.

forrestfan - not the best choice of words in the title.

ORLY

2016 has been a rough year for celebs...hope the champ recovers. Phone Post 3.0

43percentburnt - 2016 has been a rough year for celebs...hope the champ recovers. Phone Post 3.0
He's got dementia pugilistica. His health has been in severe decline for some time now. Phone Post 3.0

Hope it's not pneumonia :( Phone Post 3.0

I lol'd at the title.

I had a boxing coach years ago tell me that Ali was shaky because he has "old timer's" disease, and that getting punched in the head a lot made it worse.. I think he meant Alzheimer's. Either way, he was wrong.

Probably COPD. Hope the greatest is OK!

He just saw 60 Days In Phone Post 3.0

ProteusSFM -
43percentburnt - 2016 has been a rough year for celebs...hope the champ recovers. Phone Post 3.0
He's got dementia pugilistica. His health has been in severe decline for some time now. Phone Post 3.0
I know. I'd just hate to see his health start declining further after the onset of these respiratory issues. Phone Post 3.0

Thread title win!!!!

forrestfan - not the best choice of words in the title.
Fuck I didn't even catch that one Phone Post 3.0

Great thread title because of Parkinson's.

A statement released today says he is in fair condition.

I'm going to hell but the title made me giggle. Phone Post 3.0

lol at the title pun, well played op

Unfortunately looks like he took a turn for the worse.

Muhammad Ali: Family gathers as doctors say condition 'more serious' than previously believed

Muhammad Ali’s family was gathered at his bedside on Friday as friends of the boxing great’s relatives said his condition is worse than doctors immediately believed.

The 74-year-old was taken to hospital in Phoenix, Arizona on Thursday to be treated for a respiratory issue.

Bob Gunnell, the family spokesman, said he was in fair condition, and a brief hospital stay was expected. On Friday Mr Gunnell said there was no update on his condition, but two family sources told AP that his condition was more serious than in previous hospital stays.

Ali has been treated in hospital several times in recent years, most recently in early 2015 when he was treated for a severe urinary tract infection initially diagnosed as pneumonia.

US gossip site Radar Online said they had been told the former heavyweight champion was barely breathing.

“He needs every bit of fight he’s got left to survive,” a source told the site.

“Doctors are telling the family that it likely won’t be long until he passes away.”