MUSCLEPHARM In Hot Water After Featuring Carwin

My God this Fraud

They could have used my image.  I wouldn't even have minded.

bismanfightclub - ^they probably didn't go with that cause the demand would far exceed the supply and cause riots in the streets.

This makes the most sense.

shane may soon own a supplement company

Give Carwin his bread!

ttt

ttt

I tend to believe MUSCLEPHARM here. it makes more sense.

Shane is a good guy, I hope this doenst turn into something like Shane/his managment gets a rep for being hard to deal with and he loses opportunity because of it

hope they settle it civilized

regardless of the legal issues... shane doesn't even use musclepharm products. the commercial presents shane as having used their products to become bigger, stronger, and faster, yet he doesn't use their products. more marketing lies. Therefore since they lied to me off the bat, I will never buy a Musclepharm product.

I wish someone would actually do scientific studies of 'supplements' and shut all of these companies down that sell people (myself included) baby formula and rice flour disguised as steroid alternatives.

nevermind

Story no miscommunications here. They did not sign Shane to a contract. We were presented a contract and turned it down. They press released the signed Shane Exclusively, they put that on their website too. They then released a national commercial campaign without ever compensating Shane, without having Shane's approval to use his name and likeness, and finally without the UFC's approval to use their name and likeness.

If you were selling product X and you wanted a specific athlete to be your spokes person. Would you not try to at least have that athlete on board before you launched a national ad campaign featuring him in an ad that claims to be "athlete approved"? Would you put a press release out that cross the national media wire via Reuters saying you signed said athlete when in fact you had not?

When we began MP presented itself through Shane's trusted friend and trainer. They were going to be working with the team and Shane is a team player. He was very clear about not wanting to use the product and his EXISTING relationship with Max Muscle. Shane was clear that he is a Max Muscle user and BSN and he does not care for the MP products. He was presented a deal that aside from having ridiculous monetary issues Shane was put off by the clause that they wanted him to "exclusively" use MP products. Based on Brad's way of dealing with us and the ever-changing story we opted to NOT counter the offer and took a PASS on Muscle Pharms offer. This was months before they ran any commercials.

I have emails, voicemails, and witnesses that will back up my story and a National ad campaign that proves the intent.

Isn't the bottom line here is that Brad and MP never signed Shane to a deal. He has admitted to such in voicemails and emails. He has however signed Rashad Evans. I love my client to death but he is no Rashad (TUF Winner, guy who beat Chuck, and UFC LHW Champ, Microsoft ad campaign) at this point in his career. Why wouldn't MP want to use someone they have actually signed and who is likely using the product?

Instead they want to threaten to sue Shane for saying he doesn't use the product and he is not signed by them in way...

Now that I had time to write this all out you may have a point story97. I mean it is MMA and MP is athlete approved, what the fuck does it matter if they randomly use guys they are not working with. They should roll a Michael Phelps ad "When he is not ripping bongs and thongs Michael Phelps uses Muscle Pharm" they just need to get some footage and they are golden....

Celebrities have a right to protect their name and likeness since they invest time and energy into monetizing themselves. Shane just signed an Exclusive deal to endorse a product (no national ad campaign included) for $500K. We can establish a value for his name.

This wouldn't have happened to Shane if he was with "The Pav".

Shane's gettin' paid!

Rumbler -  This wouldn't have happened to Shane if he was with "The Pav".

Very true but that is why he is The Pav.

If Shane knowingly shot the commercial for a company he does not support then why did he do it?
Probably for the money.

If he shot the commercial then backed out of the deal who is left paying for the commercial?

All fighters want to get paid and alot of sharks circle fighters to "protect" them.

Hope Shane comes out ahead he's a good fighter and I hope he gets paid well in whatever he does.

Ross

TTT I am interested in seeing how this plays out

I know Brad and can say he is a honest guy. I am not sure as to how this whole thing got screwed up, but I hope everyone comes out ok.

303 - I know Brad and can say he is a honest guy. I am not sure as to how this whole thing got screwed up, but I hope everyone comes out ok.

I know my client is honest and he doesn't have any press releases issued with false information (http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS124607+06-Mar-2009+PRN20090306).

I appreciate your loyalty to your friend/employer etc but facts are pretty clear.

Hypothetical Situation

I am a car manufacturer. I have Jeff Earnhardt Jr drive my car and test it out while fiming it. I am telling Jeff and his people we will make this car to your spec, we dont even care if you drive other cars. We are here for the long hual and want to have you on our team.

Jeff responds call my agent or his team says yeah put it in writting sounds great. We do have another car that we love and use daily but lets see what can be done.

I then begin preparing all of my marketing materials in hopes that Jeff will sign with us. I even use NASCAR logos without their permission.

I send over Jeff a contract that is basically the same money he made for winning his last race and even though he looks like he could win the Points for the year and be the Champ the amount stays the same flat rate. I have also decided that I no longer want competing brands that I said were ok and I even do not want a non competing brands. I want his name and likeness for commercials and the works.

Jeff and his team decide it wasn't what we had said it was going to be and rather then piss off his pit crew who has an outside deal with me so they jsut simply take a pass.

I then issue a national press release saying I signed Jeff when in fact I knew I never signed Jeff. I move forward with my marketing campaign and put the PR, Jeff, and NASCAR's proprietary property on my marketing material and i targeted ad buys around NASCAR events. I know I have never paid for the use of the images of Jeff and he doesn't drive my cars and really aside from some arms length transactions I never formally had an agreement.

I then decide to insult, threaten Jeff, his wife, and Jeff's agent with legal action because I never signed him, I never secured his release or permission.

I also have to face my customers who bought into what I said in press releases, on my website, and in my national ad campaign themed "Driver Approved" I actually used a driver that doesn't actually drive my car and I couldn't pay him to do so.

I think if you were my friend you would tell me to take out my check book and make it right. Take down the ads before NASCAR sues me and the driver and do a deal with he new driver I just signed who is faster and more popular then Jeff.

who the hell is shane carwin? So many jabroni's now I can't even keep up