Must See/Do in California

And don't listen to GenErick

Sour -
Kinkle - Napa valley, SF, Yosemite, LA, San Diego. Phone Post 3.0

Is SF San Fran?

What exactly should I look for there besides the big red bridge from Full House?
Yeah I mean San Francisco. Good food, shopping in union square, golden gate park (maybe visit California Academy of science and De Young museum that are located in the park). Golden Gate Bridge is cool also. Dolores park is nice (grab some ice cream at bi-rite creamery nearby and chill in the park). See if there is any festival, event going on when u visit (I don't mean gay pride).

There is plenty to do there, other people probably have better ideas of what you can do there with a family. But it's for sure a must visit if you're going through CA. Phone Post 3.0

Sour - 
ItsTheFlash - Universal with VIP package no can defend Phone Post 3.0

I just looked into this - looks interesting, but can you tell me more of your personal experience?

Is it worth it for me, wifey and 7 year old boy?

Universal is pretty cool. The Water World show is fantastic. They have some rides (Jurasic Park) that the 7 year old will love. Universal is better than Disney in my opinion. Then you hit up the Universal City Walk for Dinner and shopping after. Its a fun experience.

Hollywood is close and worth checking out Pantages and Grauman's theaters. Rodeo drive is worth cruising down to see how the disgustingly rich yet horrible human beings live.

Monterey Aquarium and Cannery Row is a must if your up that direction. San Fran is a short drive north, or swing 4 hours inland to Yosemite. It is a must to see. I put it over San Fran.

Thanks so much everyone - this is exactly what I was looking for.

GenErick - And don't listen to GenErick

lol!

Six flags is better than universal and Disney but you've gotta go to Disney since you have junior sour with you. Most of the other advice is good though Although I didn't really care for the Monterey aquarium. Phone Post 3.0

^uggghhh,  if you wanna hang out with thousands of gangster thugs in their excited state then yeah, go to 6 Flags.

PTM2020 - 

^uggghhh,  if you wanna hang out with thousands of gangster thugs in their excited state then yeah, go to 6 Flags.

lol - "excited state"

I heard Knotts Berry Farm is cool.

Crystal Phone Post 3.0

PTM2020 -

The rides are much better at six flags imo Phone Post 3.0

Disneyland then Coronado Island, if there is time go to LA and check out where a lot of tv and movies are filmed Phone Post 3.0

"The rides are much better at six flags imo"

^oh by far they are.   I'm a rollercoaster fiend and had Magic Mountain season passes for 3 seasons.  X2 and Tatsu blow everything else away in SoCal.

It's the gang fights while waiting in line that kinda ruin everything.

The gang problem was bad before but in the last few years it's just too much.   Took my nephew and neices  a few  years ago when  and they were treated to not one, not two, not three but four brawls throughout the day.  Blood on my shirt for helping up a security guard who got KTFO. 

As much as I fucking LOVE roller coasters I'm done with 6 Flags until they get a handle on that shit.  It's killing me because I've been wanting to ride that Green Lantern ride too.

For a 7 yr old, it's Disneyland (and California adventure) no question, I'm not sure how that's even a debate, it'll be his highlight of the trip. Phone Post 3.0

Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is awesome. Make reservations at the restaurant at the top.

And yes on Disneyland/California Adventure. Way better than Knotts. Phone Post 3.0

Thanks - is it safe to assume Knotts Berry Farm is the Walmart and Disney is the Target?

I'm talking in terms of the demographic that will be seen there.

LakerUp - 
GenErick - And don't listen to GenErick
Well, you did actually tell him Knotts instead of Disneyland. That's like saying go to Guam instead of Hawaii. Phone Post 3.0

Dude, I was 100% serious.

I have liked Knots better all of my life.

Knotts always has more thrill seeking rides.

Sour - Thanks - is it safe to assume Knotts Berry Farm is the Walmart and Disney is the Target?

I'm talking in terms of the demographic that will be seen there.

I really am offended.

Knotts was an honest suggestion to save a few bucks and have a kick ass time.

There is no walmart/target comparison.

LakerUp - 
GenErick -
LakerUp - 
GenErick - And don't listen to GenErick
Well, you did actually tell him Knotts instead of Disneyland. That's like saying go to Guam instead of Hawaii. Phone Post 3.0

Dude, I was 100% serious.

I have liked Knots better all of my life.

Knotts always has more thrill seeking rides.
Wow. I go to Knotts because I get free admission every year, but man.... Phone Post 3.0

Im gonna crash,

Tell me why Disneyland is better?

Casper's hot dog, cheese and mustard.

You're welcome.

The mystery spot in Santa Cruz is pretty cool, I'm sure your son will dig it. Also a good place to start your drive along the coast. You don't want to drive through the Central Valley, there's nothing to see except traffic, agricultural fields and fast food restaurants. Phone Post 3.0