MVP?

So who are you guys feeling is in front of the pack in the MVP race? Nash, Lebron, Shaq, KG, Duncan????

Webber is a given, but I'm trying to poll for the first runnerup. ;)

Has to be Nash

This is a really hard year to pick an MVP.

I think that Nash has had the most impact on his team.

Nash, Shaq

2 factors I consider.

1. How a well a guy is playing individually.

2. How does his team do when he's on the floor.

Garnett has a slight lead over Duncan. None of the other candidates are serious contenders.

Phoenix is at their best when Nash is on the floor. However, the same could be said for Garnett, Duncan, Nowitzki, and others. Nash simply does not contribute as much on the court as those three names I just mentioned. In fact, he contributes a bit less than his teammate Amare Stoudemire.

Webber..

it's nash for sure. MVP awards usually go to players that improve a team significantly

shawns, you seriously think KG is in the running? He's putting up his numbers for sure, but I think his team performance is killing his chances.

I got to think Nash and Shaq are leading the pack just b/c of what they have brought to their respective teams.

Duncan. He'd actually deserve it this year unlike previous seasons. Nash is getting a little overrated at this point. The Suns dramatic turnaround has more to do with a healthy Amare, who missed a huge chunk of games due to injury last year, than Nash supposedly carrying the offense. And Duncan plays both ways unlike Nash. The Suns better watch it; Dallas messed up by giving Nash too many minutes during the regular season when he played there. I bet he wears down by April if PHX doesn't develop a bench.

"shawns, you seriously think KG is in the running? He's putting up his numbers for sure, but I think his team performance is killing his chances."

It's not KG's fault his team doesn't seem to want to win.

Duncan won't get it this year, I don't think. Not that he doesn't deserve it, but guys like Nash and Shaq switched teams and made an impact, they're more noticable.

quick, you're probably right about that

I was just giving my own criteria.

"It's not KG's fault his team doesn't seem to want to win."

I agree, but you have to admit it'll hurt him in the voting.

If the Wolves were winning it'd be Garnett for sure.

Nash won't get it when 2 other players on the team have better stats (Marion and Amare)

If Pop wasn't saving Duncan for the playoffs, he'd be next.

MVP = Lebron or Dirk.

I hadn't thought about Ray Allen or Dirk, but now that you guys mention it I could see it being the two of them in the running with Lebron.