MW will be the division of the year in 2024

2024 already has a lot booked…

Hoping to see Nickal, Whittaker, Vettori, etc… booked soon.

Michel Pereira vs Shara Bullet would be fun.

Upcoming 2024 MW fights…
Strickland vs Du Plessis
Curtis vs Barnault
Imavov vs Dolidze
Hermansson vs Pyfer
Tavares vs Rodriguez
Aliskerov vs Hernandez
Muradov vs Khizriev
Hawes vs Ferreira
Vieira vs Petrosyan

Abdul Razak Alhassan would be another fun fight for Shara Bullet Magomedov.

Edwards wants a shot at the MW title.
https://twitter.com/mma_orbit/status/1732557786532159697?s=46

There are still a lot of unfinished cards for the 1st quarter of the year so I’m sure a lot more fights will be added. The Whittaker and Nickal fights are great additions though.

Upcoming 2024 MW fights…
Strickland vs Du Plessis for the title
Whittaker vs Costa
Curtis vs Barnault
Imavov vs Dolidze
Hermansson vs Pyfer
Tavares vs Rodriguez
Aliskerov vs Hernandez
Muradov vs Khizriev
Hawes vs Ferreira
Vieira vs Petrosyan
Duraev vs Bryczek
Nickal vs Brundage

Allen vs Vettori is booked. Great addition.

Upcoming 2024 MW fights…
Whittaker vs Costa
Curtis vs Barnault
Imavov vs Dolidze
Hermansson vs Pyfer
Tavares vs Rodriguez
Aliskerov vs Hernandez
Muradov vs Khizriev
Hawes vs Ferreira
Vieira vs Petrosyan
Duraev vs Bryczek
Nickal vs Brundage
Petroski vs Malkoun
Allen vs Vettori

UFC has 12 weight classes across two genders.

MW is already booked to headline 4 out of 9 Fight Nights booked this year and 1 out of 5 PPV’s. First four cards of the year all headlined by MW and also co-headlines 1 out of 5.

Things would be so much better for the UFC if Dana just listened to reason via the data and implemented 155, 165 and 175 as the new weight classes under 185.

Instead they did the CM Punk shit, the BMF shit, the WFW crap that blew up in their face, etc…

All that marketable talent, the next GSP, the next Conor or Khabib or Diaz or Masvidal could been there at 165 and there was no need to do this dumb BMF shit.

updated:
Whittaker vs Costa
Curtis vs Barnault
Imavov vs Dolidze
Hermansson vs Pyfer
Tavares vs Rodriguez
Aliskerov vs Hernandez
Muradov vs Khizriev
Hawes vs Ferreira- W Ferreira
Vieira vs Petrosyan
Duraev vs Bryczek
Nickal vs Brundage
Petroski vs Malkoun
Allen vs Vettori
Craig vs Borralho

updated:
(C) Strickland vs Du Plessis
Whittaker vs Costa
Curtis vs Barnault
Imavov vs Dolidze
Hermansson vs Pyfer
Tavares vs Rodriguez
Aliskerov vs Hernandez
Muradov vs Khizriev
Hawes vs Ferreira- W Ferreira
Vieira vs Petrosyan
Duraev vs Bryczek
Nickal vs Brundage
Petroski vs Malkoun
Allen vs Vettori
Craig vs Borralho
Weidman vs Silva
Ruziboev vs Dumas
Anders vs Pickett

Good wins for Curtis and Ferreira. Du Plessis now champ… in the minds of half the fans.

I’m probably most looking forward to see how Nickal, Vieira, Allen, Pyfer and Costa look in their upcoming fights.

Aliskerov is out with injury.

Don’t care whether its Strickland, Adesanya or Chimaev next for the title shot I just hope one of them get it at 300. I’d like to see it be Chimaev since Dana promised it to him. Give Strickland the next one then and Adesanya can rest like he talked about or fight the loser of the next title fight. Anyway, none of those guys are going anywhere anytime soon so things will get sorted out.

Four MW fights featured on the main card Saturday. Love to see it.

Hoping to see Rodolfo Vieira and Joe Pyfer get big wins here.

UFC Fight Night Quick Card

1 Like

Big win for Imavov last week.

This weekend it was Gregory Rodrigues and Rodolfo Vieira who kept their win steaks going in a big way. Hermansson let everyone know, he is not done yet.

Division has a ton of “in demand” talent right now.

Nobody wants to miss a Allen, Kopylov, Vieira, Strickland, Aliskerov, Costa, Chimaev, Nickal etc… fight in 2024.

A lot of fighters too like Ferreira, Borralho, Hernandez climbing the ranks now too and lets see what Cannonier and Whittaker have left as well.

An all MW card in 2024 would really make the standard UFC card look terrible in comparison.

1 Like

I wish Roberto Soldić signed with the UFC. First time I wanted someone not to sign with One. I think his first fight would have went differently in the UFC.

1 Like

Read somewhere he got a huge offer from ONE.

The guy with the huge Jesus tattoo from last weekend has a lot of upside too.

This Saturday it will be Whittaker vs Costa as the co-headliner and Hernandez vs Kopylov opens the PPV.

Huge win for the former champ Whittaker.

Hernandez just moved to 6-2 in the UFC but he has a five fight win streak going with four finishes, three via sub.

Right there in his prime at 30 and will likely be booked with someone in the top 15 next.

Division has some great fights booked…

Du Plessis vs Adesanya
Whittaker vs Chimaev
Strickland vs Costa
Borralho vs Craig
Pereira vs Muradov
Muniz vs Aliskerov
Magomedov vs Potiena
Hernandez vs Dolidze
Ferreira vs Stoltzfus
Kopylov vs Almeida
A. Magomedov vs Alves
Marquez vs Reese

“I just think that would be a fun fight, a great fight,” Nickal told reporters. “He’s a guy that has great cardio, wrestling, good striking – he’s well-rounded and got a big win in his last fight. Very shortly, if it’s not my next fight, it will be soon, but that’s the type of guys I want to be fighting.

“He was just a name that came to my mind because I watched his fight recently, but any of these guys around that ranking, around that part of the division are guys that I’m ready for.”

Nickal was his own worst critic after stopping Brundage. After the referee stopped the fight, Nickal immediately gave himself two thumbs down, because he expected to completely dominate the fight. There were a few intense moments in early striking exchanges that Nickal admitted he wanted to go for the knockout to win a $300K bonus, but ultimately got back to what he does best in the grappling department.

If the UFC wants to see him develop a little more before facing ranked opponents, Nickal is on board, but he sees “Fluffy” Hernandez as a solid next step up in competition.

“If I have to get a couple more fights before I’m fighting ranked guys, then that’s fine,” Nickal said. “That’s a discussion between myself and the UFC, but I want to start fighting better guys, and he’s a guy I see as a better fighter.”