My 2006 rock album (link to full album)

My musical side was recently reactivated right here on the OG in one poster's ill-advised rap battle challenge. It made me dig out some recordings of some of my other projects and give them another listen, and also consider starting a new project.

In the early 2000's, I was the frontman of a post-hardcore band made up of some pretty talented guys. We were always on the cusp of doing big things, but never quite made it. We did some small, regional tours of the southeast and opened for some popular (but not quite mainstream popular) bands.

OG's always starving for non-political, non-Steve related content so I thought I would throw this up for the OG to listen to, criticize, flame me, talk shit, possibly enjoy and see that I have more depth than being your typical ex-police officer turned fitness professional, internet troll, OG heel, wannabe writer and amateur kickboxer.

Here is the soundcloud link to our entire 2006 album: We Did This to Ourselves. Since someone will ask, in this recording I am the lead screaming vocals, keys, loops and s/fx. I also did most of the production on this album.

https://soundcloud.com/user-548927011/sets/we-did-this-to-ourselves

I can't embed that, so here's the first track's individual song embed.

That is definitely what 2006 sounded like. 

Haha but hey man you guys were pretty damn good. 

Thanks for sharing bro. 

QuintonRammedMyPage -

That is definitely what 2006 sounded like. 

Haha but hey man you guys were pretty damn good. 

Thanks for sharing bro. 

Yeah, it's a little dated. We got the album out a little late too... we had some of the material awhile before we recorded. We were actually a little ahead of the game locally speaking. Big names and touring bands were coming through with clean and screaming vocal arrangements, keyboards and drum machines... but we were the only ones doing it like this in our scene.

TryhardNobody -

Me listening to the 1st song

Because... you were really, really feeling it?

Slydawg - That sounds real good. I have to give you that IcyMike. Your still an asshat, but you can rock out.

Thanks, faggot!

2004 Yvel would have watched your set at Warped, bought your album,and promptly dropped you when you changed your sound dropping the screams on your follow up.

Now, none of this happened. But it's a compliment

YVEL MACHIDA - 2004 Yvel would have watched your set at Warped, bought your album,and promptly dropped you when you changed your sound dropping the screams on your follow up.

Now, none of this happened. But it's a compliment

2004 Yvel would have been with us for life, then. We got progressively heavier. The next album would have probably been pretty much metal. The pop elements were left over from earlier incarnations of the band.

Just received my new microphone today. I'm gonna start making music again.

Surprised the UFC hasn't contacted you for opening theme work.

Death Star -

They did. They said we had to use Reebok guitars though. Fuck that!

Icy Mike -
Death Star -

They did. They said we had to use Reebok guitars though. Fuck that!

This could have been you!