my 9 year old daughter has some major art skills

friggin CHA CHING.....(just kidding about that part)

but this is friggin awesome for a 3rd grade level

this is her:

this is her self portrait painting

that is a cool self portrait dude. im being forealz

FreeCandy - that is a cool self portrait dude. im being forealz

thanks man...i'm very impressed with it...she's shown artistic ability before in drawing around the house...but this blew me away....i know parents can be tainted and bias with their opinions of thier kids work..but i genuinely think this is awesome

That's an awesome art piece by a little one...

Reminds me of my days doing art pieces in MS PAINT for the ladies of POF

awesome talent. you should schedule her a daily art time. give her an hour or two to just be creative. it would be a great habit to build.

its good

that is very cool! your daughter is the spitting image of a child my daughter knows, like identical. kind of weird i had to double take lol

I like it Phone Post

Very cool! I've always had zero artistic ability, and at 9 years old, my understanding of art was to try to copy exactly what I saw. It looks like she can already see beyond that and made the portrait unique.

kkmmnn - that is very cool! your daughter is the spitting image of a child my daughter knows, like identical. kind of weird i had to double take lol

do u live in NJ?

thanks everyone...this one is definitely going into a protective case and being saved.

i like it too.

seriously, there something quite cool about it.   please continue to nurture that talent and keep us posted.

Very cool! I have a two year old and the thing that changed the most about me is understanding of a proud parent. Also makes me happy because alot of parents aren't encouraging enough to their kids. Phone Post 3.0

very cool. and that is some great art work.

my 7y.o. has some pretty good art skills too. i'll see if i can find one she did recently and post.

vtfu for your little picasso

Wow that is badass! Good for her!

That's great...pretty cool that a kid that age did something sort of abstract (the coloring etc.) versus trying to do a direct copy of a picture.

Double.

Beautiful & talented girl you've got there. You're justifiably proud bro. Phone Post

I showed this thread to my wife, who is also artistic, she said ur girl should be enrolled in some sort of art program.

again, thanks everyone... i'm super proud.

a few of the art stores around here do summer camps for kids gonna look into it for her and my middle daughter

maybe i'm not seeing it, it's your kid and all but she didn't even stay in the lines when coloring it...i mean, she's way outside the lines.

just kidding, that's awesome. i couldn't do half as well as that. hopefully she enjoys it so you can encourage more.