My article on Jason Garrett staying

http://sportstalkuninterrupted.com/football.html

“We are, America’s team, or at least we were.”

And I’m done. 

Cowboys fans are probably the most hated in football, and rightfully so.  We are, America’s team, or at least we were.  Jerry has stolen that from us in the 20 plus years since we found Glory with gun toting Barry Switzer at the helm.  His most recent failure has been his exuding confidence in our mediocre coach, the hand clapping back up Quarterback, known as Jason Garrett.  Let’s be fair though, and break down both sides of possible reasons why he should have been fired, and why Jerry believes he deserves another year to prove himself in his 8th year as head coach. 
        The obvious choice for this year’s downfall is pointed at Zeke’s six game suspension, and the circus that surrounded it.  Many think it would have been a different season if he was forced to sit the first six games, instead of battling the NFL and losing the same way Brady and the Patriots did with deflategate.  Had they taken the suspension to begin the season it’s hard not to believe we would have a better game plan without him and flourished when he returned to form for the latter half of the year.   As with many other NFL teams, 2017 dealt the Cowboys a long list of injuries, most importantly to Tyron Smith.  If nothing else, this should prove to Dallas and their coaching staff that you can never have enough bodies on the offensive line.  Chaz Green and Byron Bell just couldn’t hang, and that was shown in devastating fashion against Atlanta when Adrian Clayborn racked up six sacks divided up between the two of them.   
         It’s easy to place the blame on Garrett’s coaching staff to try and deflect reasons of why he should go, but let’s face it; Head Coaches pick their own coaching staff. The Cowboys were consistently out coached in the second half of games this year, yet kept taking the ball to start the game instead of deferring to the second half.  This shows an extreme inability to make in game adjustments.   In the most important game of the year, you don’t use one of the most explosive offensive forces in football on 1st and goal from the three.  They chose to force the ball to Dez, not only on first down, but on second and third as well.  Seattle had more penalty yards than offensive yards in our week 16 matchup, that is the first time a team has won in that fashion in over 50 years.  I don’t blame Dak for our offensive struggles with Zeke out.  This team was unprepared, and had players who were over and underutilized because Garrett is too worried about feelings being hurt in the locker room.  While it’s easy to get lost in the end of the year, we cannot forget how history repeated itself in the loss to the Packers in week 5.   Yet again, the cowboys chose to give the ball back to Rodgers with over 1:30 left and he did what we all knew he would do, except of course Jason Garrett and his coaching staff. 

Like? Dislike? 

Little fucker needs to go. Dude's like a little boy. You at least need a grown man to motivate a bunch of dumb athletes to perform.

Good article. Nobody really gives a shit about the Cowboys anymore though. They've blown it for too long. Kind of a shame. The NFL is more fun when the Niners, Packers and Dallas are in the mix.

I agree. Good read.

PeteyWheatstraw - Little fucker needs to go. Dude's like a little boy. You at least need a grown man to motivate a bunch of dumb athletes to perform.

Good article. Nobody really gives a shit about the Cowboys anymore though. They've blown it for too long. Kind of a shame. The NFL is more fun when the Niners, Packers and Dallas are in the mix.

"Nobody really gives a shit about the Cowboys anymore though" Could not be more wrong. Cowboys games always get the most viewers. I dont know the merc sales but I would assume its top of the list aswell.

Also the worlds most valuable sports team unless that has changed in 2 years.

https://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/13/dallas-cowboys-are-worlds-most-valuable-sports-team.html

OmarsOwnGoal -
McGoat -

http://sportstalkuninterrupted.com/football.html

Find a better copy editor. 

Have any that you know of? My first website I’m paying to upgrade it to be able to do more.