my best friend passed away yesterday

My best friend died yesterday at a much too young 26 years old. He was a big MMA fan and we'd watch most of the events together.

Funny MMA related story, back in 02 when I roomed with him in college and before he got the cancer, he had a blind date. He comes home at the end of the night and he's like "you'll never believe who my blind date was...I get introduced to her dad, and it's RANDY COUTURE!" He's like "there's no way I'm gonna try anything, he'd probably kill me." lol. They only went out the one time, but it was something we often brought up and joked about. He was a huge Couture fan, and when he first got cancer the next year I was able to get Couture, Henderson, Lindland, and Tanner to sign a good luck t-shirt for him.  It's pinned up on his wall.

RIP Ty, you will be missed and loved.

RIP, sorry to hear the sad news.

RIP, sorry to hear that bro. Cool story tho.

RIP. Terrible news. Best wishes.

I'm very sorry to hear that! I know how hard it is to lose someone that you care about.

Sorry to hear it. My parish priest & a childhood friend of mine both died of cancer in the last year... I've started donating to cancer research. You could see if they're taking donations in his name.

Anyway, RIP

TH

RIP

RIP

RIP, sorry for your loss man.

I am so sorry for you and your loss. 

R.I.P

sorry to hear

Rest in Peace young brother.

Wow, sorry to hear that.  It's a neat story though.  R.I.P.

Sorry 4 your loss.   Godd bless and RIP.

RIP and cool story

RIP

ttt

RIP!

RIP.....thats too young to pass away...

thanks for all the kind words. I've dealt with loss before (My dad, Grandparents, etc) but not someone this young, never a friend where it just doesn't make sense.

The strange thing is he was doing fine, cancer free. The cancer has beat down his body pretty hard over the years, but he was just in for a semi-routine procedure to see if something was up with his lungs, and he had a heart attack during the procedure. So, while he's faced death many times in the past and we've known that at any time the cancer could come back and take him, no one really expected this now. I was just glad I was there with him, I was just picking him up from the hospital and when I got there they decided to keep him overnight. So I just stayed overnight with him there, it was just like normal just watching movies and goofing off and talking. So I was glad for that.