My buddy busting on me, RE: Mir

I'm known around my gym as being a pretty big Frank Mir fan.  He's teh GOAT in my book.  Love to watch the big dude display the best BJJ in HW MMA.

As you might expect, I take a lot of undeserved grief for this.  

My buddy sent me this pic today -- a throwback to the Mir / JDS fight.  

He said "Mir wasn't really knocked out...he was telling JDS to watch him whip, watch him nae nae"

That was such a weird fight. Frank just didn't look like he was willing to engage with JDS, he was just waiting to get KO'd.

I like me some Mir too, but he really has some hot and cold nights. Phone Post 3.0

TheRealMrBeefy - That was such a weird fight. Frank just didn't look like he was willing to engage with JDS, he was just waiting to get KO'd.

I like me some Mir too, but he really has some hot and cold nights. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah but he's fought some killers.  I can't name many HW's that have the resume of opponents Frank has.  Dude is lock for HOF.

That Mir punching bag up there would probably submit anyone who bought it.

Morgz -

I'm known around my gym as being a pretty big Frank Mir fan.  He's teh GOAT in my book.  Love to watch the big dude display the best BJJ in HW MMA.

As you might expect, I take a lot of undeserved grief for this.  

My buddy sent me this pic today -- a throwback to the Mir / JDS fight.  

He said "Mir wasn't really knocked out...he was telling JDS to watch him whip, watch him nae nae"

Holy shit lol Phone Post 3.0

Since we're talking about Mir vs JDS, I think I have permission to post THE BEST HYPE FOR A FIGHT VIDEO EVER

Mud vote to whoever can find the "Controller Disconnected" GIF that someone posted in the Mir/AA thread.

Edit: Found it myself. If anyone else wants a good laugh, check out http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2482390/Andrei-Arlovski-vs-Frank-Mir/?&page=4

Damn, these dances just keep getting dumber and dumber.

Mir is 1 of those 'what if' type athletes in sports. Imagine this guy's career if he didn't destroy his leg.

newjack900 - Mir is 1 of those 'what if' type athletes in sports. Imagine this guy's career if he didn't destroy his leg.

Personally I think Mir's career could have been better had he had a better gameplan for some of his fights.

I will say though, Frank Mir coming back from a broken Femur is something I personally have a great deal of respect for.

I too broke my femur bad, when I was 12. Freak soccer incident that to this day my leg still gives me problems.

After breaking my femur, I could NEVER approach the sport the same way. Anytime I'd go to kick the ball from an opponent which is how I broke my femur, at the last second I would pull back on my kick, no matter how hard I tried not to.

When Frank Mir breaks his femur, he is breaking professional fighter's limbs.

It's very mental getting over serious injuries. I have recognized since he came back from that accident that Mir is very mentally tough. In fact, I think Frank Mir's mental toughness is probably his most overlooked attribute.

^i snapped my arm 90 degrees skateboarding and I never felt relaxed on a skateboard again. Props to Mir for coming back from the femur. I bet it would have been even harder for Mir if he had broke it fighting, so double props go to A. Silva, regardless of roids. Phone Post 3.0

My friends and I still haven't busted on each others faces. Seems kinda weird, although we're close, too. Phone Post 3.0

Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF - My friends and I still haven't busted on each others faces. Seems kinda weird, although we're close, too. Phone Post 3.0
LOL Phone Post 3.0

Lesnar scrambled his eggs, and you can't unscramble eggs.

Came into thread expecting a vid. Leaving disappointed. Phone Post 3.0

I was in the crowd when he broke big nogs arm. Gross and stone cold. I've always respected mirs balls to follow thru and break something using bjj. Phone Post 3.0