My buddy is playing in the CHL

His name is Ian Hill and hopefully he will be playing defense for the Memphis Riverkings of the CHL this year. He has lasted through training camp longer than players on last years team and the coach has been giving him complements liike "thats why your getting paid" and "your the future of this team"

Just thought I would post about it

Hey i missed this before.Grats to him, he must be pretty psyched.

Yeah...hes not on the roster yet and there first game is Sat...He has pratice tomorrow and has been wearing his warm up jersey for the last 3 days...They still have like 4 or 5 open spots on the roster and he said they might put him on as LW instead of D depending on how the team filled out...I haven't seen him play yet but as a defenseive man last year he scored 64 goals in 34 games and 4 more in the All-Star game. Hope he does well, he is only 19 and could end up playing in the AHL soon.

Well, Riley Cotey (SP), one of his team mates in training camp signed with the phantoms just a couple of days ago. Actually they were until this year the farm team for the St. John's Maple leaves, that deal got canceled though so they are no longer affiliated with another club