My Car stolen from Dealership

If the dealer did not exercise due diligence in taking reasonable steps to protect your property while on their premises, they should be liable. I often think every time I pick my car up for servicing, and I find it unlocked in the parking lot with the keys on the seat, that if anything happened, I'd be getting another Jetta courtesy of the fumb ducker who owns said garage.

PS: A friend in the automotive service industry told me that dealers carry insurance just for this eventuality, they just don't want to use it...high deductable and an increase in rates. Get a lawyer, and put some pressure on them. If they can't produce your car keys, they were left in an unsecured area, and that is not exercising due diligence.

Bryan

hey bro, that sucks!!! call "silverman helps", no joke, try it and put a lot of pressue on the dealership so their insurance covers it.

What a brutal situation...my goodness.

May sound cheesy, but I WOULD SERIOUSLY GET A HOLD OF SILVERMAN HELPS. He would HAVE TO TAKE this story for sure.

Heck, if you need enough people to pepper him with e-mails, I'm on board for sure and I'm sure the rest of the GTA members will join in.

That's seriously rotten luck.

It reminds me when I got my rented motorbike stolen in Thailand. I had to pay for a new one, since I gave the store my passport as collateral. Still, that's no where near as costly as what happened to you.

I sincerely hope you're able to recoup the loss.

ttt

ttt

dang !!

Any news?

What sucks is that this sh*t takes time. So far I've seen 2 lawyers, one thinks its a slam dunk lawsuit, the other has taken more time to explain to me the pros and cons of suing. So right now taking the advice to be patient and see what the ins co offers first. Though I don't expect the offer to be fair, it sets the baseline. Thereafter, if I feel the settlement offer is absolutely sh*t, going to sue.

With regards to Silverman, it takes 8 weeks for them to get back to you and you need to formally submit a case. Since all of the details aren't in yet, I need to wait. Sucks eh?

In any case I'm in Japan right now and soon Korea, so will resolve all of this when I'm back in town early April.

Thanks to the support from everyone and esp the Rebellion dudes and dudettes that have offered to watch my back.

On a lighter note, can't sleep here in Toyko, still adjusting to the time. And what's on TV at 2:30am?, preludes to the K1 World GP on March 27, and the UFC! Just saw Frank Mir vs. Wes Sims, and now its clips of Matt Hughes vs. Sherk and Trigg. Next up Penn vs. Hughes!

Wanna know what happens with Penn/Hughes?

LOL!