My Chemex broke again!

Anyone have one of these? Second one that's broken this year. We love using it, and it makes awesome coffee, but it's just so damn fragile. Thinking of going with a french press. Can anyone recommend a good french press? Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

We've broken maybe 5 of these in the past 8 years. It happens more in the beginning; the last break for us was more than 3 years ago. That being said, I do keep a backup French press (made out of steel) in case there's an incident with the Chemex. Phone Post 3.0

RATFINK13 - Phone Post 3.0
Lol Phone Post 3.0

We've had ours for a couple years now maybe and it's been fine.

Z NEDCMK1 -

I have had my Chemex for a few years and it is fine.

I wish I got the one with the handle rather than the one with the wood collar.

We have the one with the handle. My wife was worried about getting the one with the leather since it would probably be easier to drop. This is the second time it's broken. Not only is it inconvenient, but it gets expensive with the possibility of having to get a new one every so often. We were lucky enough to have the receipt last time, and since it broke within 90 days, we got a new one for free. I would feel sketchy doing that again though. Phone Post 3.0

kyle223 -
Z NEDCMK1 -

I have had my Chemex for a few years and it is fine.

I wish I got the one with the handle rather than the one with the wood collar.

We have the one with the handle. My wife was worried about getting the one with the leather since it would probably be easier to drop. This is the second time it's broken. Not only is it inconvenient, but it gets expensive with the possibility of having to get a new one every so often. We were lucky enough to have the receipt last time, and since it broke within 90 days, we got a new one for free. I would feel sketchy doing that again though. Phone Post 3.0
Wood, not leather. I wanted the wood one, but my wife likes the one with the handle better. Phone Post 3.0

How are they breaking? They seem pretty thick, solid, tight. Isn't the glass on the french press much thinner?

I am a huge Areopress fan myself.

Dude get an aeropress or a pour over Phone Post 3.0

Listen to Rush - Dude get an aeropress or a pour over Phone Post 3.0
Chemex is a pour over, and actually has very good reviews according to the coffee hipsters. Problem is it's very fragile. We hardly ever break a drinking glass, but this is the second Chemex to break on us this year. Someone needs to create some type of protection like they have on smartphones. Phone Post 3.0

kyle223 -
Listen to Rush - Dude get an aeropress or a pour over Phone Post 3.0
Chemex is a pour over, and actually has very good reviews according to the coffee hipsters. Problem is it's very fragile. We hardly ever break a drinking glass, but this is the second Chemex to break on us this year. Someone needs to create some type of protection like they have on smartphones. Phone Post 3.0
I am thinking of a hario v60! Phone Post 3.0

I got the cold brew bruer...life changing Phone Post 3.0

I have a double walled stainless steel Bodum. It will survive drops unlike a glass one. It was $40ish

Passive Jay - 

I am a huge Areopress fan myself.

Me too. Used to use french press, but much prefer the Aeropress. Also great for travel.