My COMP Is Messed Up..WTF..

i have windows 7 and 3-4 days ago my computer started crashing out of nowhere..i didnt think much of it, i ran Malwarebytes anti-malware and seemed to help..then windows ran an update, i tried to start up my comp and it froze on the "starting windows" screen..i did a hard boot and tried to get in into safe mode but it wouldnt even allow me access to that page..i downloaded and burned a "windows 7 repair) program to a disc and put it into my drive, tried to boot it up but all that happens is i hear it trying to boot up, i see a page that says "windows loading files" at the bottom and then the microsoft logo appears for 1-2 seconds and then screen goes black and gets stuck there...

so, i cannot get into safe mode, cannot run discs so what can i do?my comp is 4 years old so im thinking i should just buy another one..or is there something i can do to fix it?

any info if appreciated..

i'd just get the free win 10

If you still have the OEM operating system, they usually include a recovery partition so you shouldn't even need a disc. Google how to access boot options on your laptop and try to set back to factory settings. After 4 years a user, a clean OS wouldn't hurt. Phone Post 3.0

Bro, do you even administrate?

*4 years of use Phone Post 3.0

power up holding down F2, F8 & F12 (not sure you brand so its hard to say how to access the boot menu specifically but it should be one of those....

then what zombieface said, do you see an option to boot into a 'Recovery' partition/drive? (likely labeled 'D' drive)

Can you boot to system diagnostics. If so you might want to do that and run some tests and make sure the hardware such as the harddrive are okay.

OP, from the experiences you're describing I am thinking its most likely a hardware problem and not a software one.

I was having similiar experiences a couple months ago on my windows 7 machine. Turns out my ram was shitting the bed. It was very easy to identify that it was my ram that was dying, and it is quick to do.

To check your ram go to http://www.memtest.org/ and download it. You can use it on a CD or a floppy, but using a USB stick with the autoinstaller is pretty damn easy and straightforward. Then you simply change your BIOS to boot first from the device that you chose to use, and it will run the memory test. If memtest detects a lot of errors then your ram is probably whats causing your system to crash.

If you can't even get memtest to run, then you know for sure it is a hardware problem and not a windows/software problem as memory test runs independent of your windows installation.

not sure if you're going to be successful getting the OS to load, but if you do

click on the start button and then search for "CMD"
once that shows as a search result, right click on cmd and choose "Run as Admin"

when you get the command prompt up it will be running with admin credentials.

the first thing you want to run is: sfc /scannow
this will check to make sure that all of your needed system files are located in the correct area and are the correct version.

after this, run: chkdsk /f
this will perform a check of the physical hard disk and make sure that you don't have any bad sectors on the drive. You will not be able to run chkdsk from the command prompt so it will ask if you want to schedule chkdsk to run at the next reboot. Go ahead and confirm this and then start the reboot.

when you are back up and running, check out ccleaner and run that once or twice.

Hus - Bro, do you even administrate?
LOL Phone Post 3.0

the_b00ts - OP, did you run a Windows Update prior to this happening?

I've seen some optional updates contain hardware drivers that would cripple the system. Phone Post 3.0
He was intermittent problems before the general failure. Most likely a hardware problem. Phone Post 3.0

You are describing a hard drive failure IMO. Depending on your BIOS, you may be able to run a HDD diagnostics that is built in to BIOS. Not sure what brand computer you have, but if it is a HP Compaq, F10 should get you in to BIOS. For other off brand machines, typically DEL will get you in to BIOS after powering on the PC.
Assuming you can even get far enough to install windows, I bet the install fails at the point where you manage partitions.
I would just replace the drive and install Win 10 and be done with it.

IM pretty sure you can run a hardware diagnostics as well to see if it's a MOBO, RAM, HDD issue

If your drive is toast, go with an SSD instead of a physical drive

Mahakala - 

OP, from the experiences you're describing I am thinking its most likely a hardware problem and not a software one.

I was having similiar experiences a couple months ago on my windows 7 machine. Turns out my ram was shitting the bed. It was very easy to identify that it was my ram that was dying, and it is quick to do.

To check your ram go to http://www.memtest.org/ and download it. You can use it on a CD or a floppy, but using a USB stick with the autoinstaller is pretty damn easy and straightforward. Then you simply change your BIOS to boot first from the device that you chose to use, and it will run the memory test. If memtest detects a lot of errors then your ram is probably whats causing your system to crash.

If you can't even get memtest to run, then you know for sure it is a hardware problem and not a windows/software problem as memory test runs independent of your windows installation.

i cannot get any test to run or any software to boot...thats why i feel paralyzed basically..times before when i had similar problems, i could at least run discs so i could get a way in to fix problem but now i cant even do that, no safe mode either..

think its time for a new comp..

This helped me as well, thanks! Phone Post 3.0

UGCTT_red_nose - If your drive is toast, go with an SSD instead of a physical drive
SSD is a physical drive. Phone Post 3.0

^^ Mechanical :)

the_b00ts -
ksacs revenge -
UGCTT_red_nose - If your drive is toast, go with an SSD instead of a physical drive
SSD is a physical drive. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe he meant mechanical :| Phone Post 3.0
Obviously Phone Post 3.0

reseat the ram

blow out any dust.

try again