My daughter getting bullied in JrHigh, Jiu JItsu?

Not sure if this should have been posted on the UG.

Anyways, my 12 year old is small for her age and is constantly getting bullied. I taught her just some basics but it looks like I might have to put her in classes now since she is getting roughed up in the hallways. I told her that I want her to talk to her Dean about it and point the finger, She said that she will get beat up if she does. I am still going to talk to her Dean next week but I will likely enter her in BJJ...or should she do Muay Thai first.

It'll help her handle it,if not physically ,then mentally. Phone Post 3.0

I would suggest jiu jitsu classes. Mainly because this way she will be able to control the attacker rather than punch and kick. I live muay Thai (want to start training it myself) but with the way schools are these days, she could get suspended for defending herself if she punches back. Just my 2 cents Phone Post

Dammit meant love Muay Thai. Stupid phone. Phone Post

I think bjj is ideal for kids self defense. Tough to suspend a kid for fighting if there are no strikes thrown. Phone Post 3.0

Whoops, I guess that's already been said, my bad Phone Post 3.0

i thought chicks usually bullied you in ways that weren't physical.

Chicks or dudes bullying her?

Muay Thai Phone Post 3.0

Jiujitsu classes would be better than MT for your girl IMO.

Unless she's a rare natural puncher (they do say "throw like a girl" or "punch like a girl" for good reason), it's going to take a looong time for her to learn how to throw a fight ending strike at her age IMO, especialyl if she's tiny.

Girls by default like to grab each other's hair in a fight. Say your daughter throws an unsuccessful strike, bully grabs hair and goes on rampage...

Jiujitsu all the way, much faster path to defense effectiveness in this scenario IMO

N Phone Post

Might want to check out the Gracie anti-bullying class/seminar too and ad that to regular jiu-jitsu classes. Looks awesome from what I've read. Phone Post

Judo maybe. 

Dumping a bitch on her head would send a strong message. And the way girls fight the standing aspect would be handy. 

ddk - I think bjj is ideal for kids self defense. Tough to suspend a kid for fighting if there are no strikes thrown. Phone Post 3.0
Agree with this 100%

However there is nothing that will change a mind quicker than a solid leg kick.

Seen that take the fight right out of people. Funny shit actually.

Good luck OP. Phone Post 3.0

Nitecrawler - 
ddk - I think bjj is ideal for kids self defense. Tough to suspend a kid for fighting if there are no strikes thrown. Phone Post 3.0
Agree with this 100%

However there is nothing that will change a mind quicker than a solid leg kick.

Seen that take the fight right out of people. Funny shit actually.

Good luck OP. Phone Post 3.0

What if she sucks?

Phone Post 3.0

Synado - Gracie Bullyproof!

That's it! Phone Post

absolutely yes BJJ

and not bullyproof.

get her into a school.

Girls fight in junior high these days? Not trolling, that did not happen in my era, except maybe in Detroit.

Some things to think about..

Bullying is 95 % mental. It rarely is physical. The physical stuff only happens after repeated psychological attacks.

Fights and self defense is somewhere between 50 to 75% psychological and attitude. At that age kids with black belts get bullied all the time because mentally they cannot defend themselves verbally. Physical skill is not nearly as valuable as knowing how to verbally defend yourself.

Alot of times a kid who is uncomfortable fighting back will just make matters worse trying to fight back when they really do not understand when, why, and how.

Attitude is more important than skill. She has to learn how to get angry.. not scared and react appropriately. 

WHen My kid was being called names on the bus we started playing a name game at dinner time. We would literally, ruthlessly make fun of eachother. It was great because the kids got use to the idea that they are  just words not truth and, how to turn it around on the attacker and just be relentless. My son actually got pretty good at it. We then had the talk about physical confrontations. I told him basically once someone steps to him agressivly or touches him aggresivly to punch 'em in the face till they go down. I told him if you follow these rules you may get in trouble in school but not at home. Then we goof around with what would you do if...

He never had to get into a fight because apparently he did so well makin fun of the  kid back. and he is a pretty popular kid even with a pretty bad lisp.

Good luck. This is probably one of the hardest things for a parent to have to watch their kid get picked on.

Oh and girls are RUTHLESS. And they are rarely dettered by physical violence like boys are. SHe will need to learn to beat them mentally. Also be realistic about your kid.. Does she dress sloppy or not take care of herself? Deal with that. Part of the solution is not sticking out too much.