My encounters with casual fans of MMA/Pretenders.

mmavixen - 
Hadoukenkieran - 
Smellde Gluve -
mmavixen - 

OP - I voted you up.  You don't deserve three votes down.

As a female, I've gotten some weird stories told to me.  The minute a guy finds out I am obsessed with MMA. he's a blackbelt, and sometimes in martial art that doesn't even exist. LOL

I've learned to ignore it.

I toooootally get what you're saying.

And I'm a Rex Kwon Do redbelt.

Lol Phone Post

LMCAO

I had a guy once say he was a black belt. And I said "Under who did you get your black belt?"  "What do you mean under, I dont get under nobody biatch."  Marriage material for sure. LOL

No way those were his exact words and he was serious?? LMAO

Logdog52 - I was looking at some fights while at work and a co worker passed by and said "you don't like that bellator shit do you?" I couldn't believe what I had heard (its almost always ufc or cage fighting) so I politely asked him to repeat himself. He went on to explain to me that its all fake and I'm ignorant for liking it. It took me showing him a video of my own amatuer fight to convince him otherwise but his parting statement was "well at least some of its real I guess." Not so much a pretender story but worth it for the bellator comment IMO

DEfinitely an MTV watcher. Only reason he knows about Bellator.

South Philly D - 
Logdog52 - I was looking at some fights while at work and a co worker passed by and said "you don't like that bellator shit do you?" I couldn't believe what I had heard (its almost always ufc or cage fighting) so I politely asked him to repeat himself. He went on to explain to me that its all fake and I'm ignorant for liking it. It took me showing him a video of my own amatuer fight to convince him otherwise but his parting statement was "well at least some of its real I guess." Not so much a pretender story but worth it for the bellator comment IMO

DEfinitely an MTV watcher. Only reason he knows about Bellator.

Had to be right? The weird thing is that he's a diesel mechanic in his mid 50's lol

Logdog52 - I was looking at some fights while at work and a co worker passed by and said "you don't like that bellator shit do you?" I couldn't believe what I had heard (its almost always ufc or cage fighting) so I politely asked him to repeat himself. He went on to explain to me that its all fake and I'm ignorant for liking it. It took me showing him a video of my own amatuer fight to convince him otherwise but his parting statement was "well at least some of its real I guess." Not so much a pretender story but worth it for the bellator comment IMO

Exactly the stories I want in this thread, some hilarious shit goes on Phone Post

South Philly D - 
mmavixen - 
Hadoukenkieran - 
Smellde Gluve -
mmavixen - 

As a female, I've gotten some weird stories told to me.  The minute a guy finds out I am obsessed with MMA. he's a blackbelt, and sometimes in martial art that doesn't even exist. LOL

Lol Phone Post

LMCAO

I had a guy once say he was a black belt. And I said "Under who did you get your black belt?"  "What do you mean under, I dont get under nobody biatch."  Marriage material for sure. LOL

I don't know if we was serious, but he looked like a cross between Eminem and Snoop.  I don't want to prejudge, but I don't think he'd trained a day in his life.  After you date martial artists, you can kinda pick them out of a crowd.

Some dude a few years back when kimbo was only on the internet, said that Kimbo would beat Randy and all those fake fighters in the UFC. Some guy at our gym claimed that his dad trained with Helio and that his dad created Mexican jujitsu. Phone Post

lildragonof - Some dude a few years back when kimbo was only on the internet, said that Kimbo would beat Randy and all those fake fighters in the UFC. Some guy at our gym claimed that his dad trained with Helio and that his dad created Mexican jujitsu. Phone Post

LOL why do people still say this when we have the Internet. I have a friend who is a typical hipster, shaggy hair, wears the most skin tight jeans and shirts. Listens to only old school hip hop and refuses to listen to anything else, anyway he bullshits about everything saying his dad owns UPS and shit like this. Anyway one day he tells me he's been training with eddie bravo, (I got him into JRE what a mistake) when eddie came to England, I said do you wanna roll? I'm not amazing on the ground. Like I'm okay I get some taps in at training but I still get tapped so easy by the more experienced guys. He was so helpless, I think I tapped him 20 times or so and he did nothing, didn't sweep or anything. I even tried a twister on him. Phone Post

Mexican Jiu Jitsu is the deadliest form of Jiu Jitsu. It's illegal in the US.

Dude at the last PPV I was at:

"Yeah, this Joe Lauzon is primarily known for being a brawler."

LMAO!

Bonus: "I've seen stuff from Asian that you can't get over here because it is illegal."

My cousin is a huge Jackie Chan and Bruce Lee fan. I happen to like both their movie myself, they're entertaining...But we can no longer talk MMA as we have had heated debates because he firmly believes Jackie Chan would beat the shit out of every UFC fighter that ever existed. When we hang out we both have to pretend there is no such thing as martial arts...He's such an idiot..Brilliant in many other areas but an idiot when it comes to understanding how real fights go down

Hadoukenkieran - 
mmavixen -

Thank you and lol if I've ever been asked about I cause a couple of friends know I train a little if someone is there I don't know and there are girls around I get one of two responses 1. What that shit when 2 guys lay there hugging? 2. Mate I don't care man training ain't shit you can either fight or you can't, you can't teach that.
Very annoying. Phone Post

Where do you trane mate?

I think people just don't want too think that other people might know more than they do about something, it gets kinda embarrassing.

mmavixen - 
South Philly D - 
mmavixen - 
Hadoukenkieran - 
Smellde Gluve -
mmavixen - 

Lol Phone Post

LMCAO

I don't know if we was serious, but he looked like a cross between Eminem and Snoop.  I don't want to prejudge, but I don't think he'd trained a day in his life.  After you date martial artists, you can kinda pick them out of a crowd.

Yeah, I definitely stand out of a crowd with "me pantalones americanos"...

Smellde Gluve - 
mmavixen - 
South Philly D - 
mmavixen - 
Hadoukenkieran - 
Smellde Gluve -
mmavixen - 

Lol Phone Post

LMCAO

Yeah, I definitely stand out of a crowd with "me pantalones americanos"...

LMCAO

UGCTT_whittaker_is_the _real_demolition _man -
Hadoukenkieran - 
mmavixen -

Thank you and lol if I've ever been asked about I cause a couple of friends know I train a little if someone is there I don't know and there are girls around I get one of two responses 1. What that shit when 2 guys lay there hugging? 2. Mate I don't care man training ain't shit you can either fight or you can't, you can't teach that.
Very annoying. Phone Post

Where do you trane mate?

I think people just don't want too think that other people might know more than they do about something, it gets kinda embarrassing.

Warriors grappling/MMA nothing fancy but our grappling coach is amazing, thinking of doing sambo there too Phone Post