My Favorite Boxing Picture

I've always been a fan of Frazier

And then there's Joe Louis.... My first favorite sports icon.

Marciano v. WalcottMarciano v. Walcott

Teofilo Stevenson in action - 1980

Get up and fight like a man! - Oscar de la Hoya after Bernard Hopkins' liver shot

Hey winner, stand up like a man!

A lot of men would kill for shoulders like Ann Wolfe's

The Ali won is classic but do you guys remember that picture of Tyson getting knocked out by Buster Douglas? When Iron Mike was on all fours looking for his mouth piece. Great photo!

ttt

Excellent pics, guys. Love 'em.

That one of Jersey Joe's face contorted from the Marciano right hand is a hideous testimony to the Rock's power. Look at how effortlessly Marciano's throwing the punch too.

Awesome thread. For some reason the marciano vs. walcot pics won't show up for me. Is that the one where Rocky is lounging and swinging to hit him? That is one of my fav pics, can't remember who he is fighting. Marciano would have to jump to hit alot of dudes, because of his height, funny stuff. The dude was badassed though.

Great thread with excellent pics. Old time boxing stories kick ass.

I'll tell y'all a funny Sam Langford story.

Sam stepped into the ring before his fight and drew the outline of a coffin on the ring floor. "What the heck is that?" his bewildered opponent asked.

"Why, it's your coffin" Langford said.

In the fourth round, Langford knocked out his opponent, who fell backwards, only to end up lying within the inside of the coffin Langford had drawn in the center of the ring.

http://www.esreality.com/files/inlineimages/2005/26437-lenny2.jpg

Inoki vs Ali.
The japanese never properly explained the rules to ali he thought it was
prowrestling. they had to take him to the hospital for the leg kicks. It was
also the worst fight ever. It was like crocop vs takada.

Great stories and great pics fellas...

Rastus - Thanks very much, I love this stuff, threads like this are the balance to the trolls.

Thought you might like this - some old footage of Greb sparring:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMA6Pd6tT3Q

I know this may look silly to some of those not so up on old time boxing, but don't get confused - This guy would be a terror in modern boxing.

Tunney was really the first heavyweight who could box and move very well imo.

Great thread! does anyone have any Dempsey ones, like maybe the one that rocked Jess Willard or him flying out of the ring?

Blue name help on my video please?

great thread