My favorite stand up comedians(58)

The Destroyer88 - 

Amy Schumer is god awful. You might as well have put Dane Cook or Brendan Schaub on your list.

Fuck You

TheRoguewrestler - LOL! That's a shit list. No Stanhope??? Holy shit.

Fuck You

CaptainWoody - You have Bo Burnham ....but not Stephen Lynch. Steven is far better than Bo.

Plus they aren't really "stand up" guys but more musical comedy guys.

Amy Schumer?!?....are you actually trying to be serious with this list?

No George Carlin, Bill Hicks or Bill Burr?....I guess that answers my question

*edit I have no idea why I spelled stephen two different ways

Fuck You

Thebonfirexm - 

No carlin......wow

Fuck You
OJTT-RayRay 

Theo Von and Chris Porter should be on the list. 

iFish 

Emo Phillips hasnt been mentioned, he'd be in my top 58. 

DirtyTrevorUK - 

I think it's important to recommend which special to watch. Even with some of the best comics they can be hit or miss.

Thanks for the suggestions though.

Flyerfan - 

Most of mine would include names already mentioned in this thread. However, I would have to add Norm Macdonald to the list too, as I haven't seen him mentioned anywhere yet.

Dreville79 - 

James Acasters Repertoire is the best Stand Up of the decade, he's a fucking genius 

YA'LL ARE COOL

Half Speed is the coolest

D241 -
D241 - 
The Destroyer88 - 
D241 -
The Destroyer88 - 
D241 -
The Destroyer88 - 

Amy Schumer is god awful. You might as well have put Dane Cook or Brendan Schaub on your list.

Those two suck, but Amy is better than average and I find her funnier than most of the people on my list.

Let me guess, you probably paid attention to something Amy Schumer related that had nothing to do with her comedy or her being funny, and are basing your opinions of her comedy off of some stupid political view she has.  Am I right?

Comedians are not politicians people.  Their views on politics should have absolute ZERO weight in them. 

I couldn't care less about her political views or whatever you're going on about and she's a joke theif, which puts her below the Brendan Schaubs of the comedy world.

I was really glad over the past few months you catalogged stand up comedies you enjoyed, and created a list so that many of us could perhaps find a new comedian we enjoy.  The fact that you did this instead of just bitching like everyone else makes you stand out.

Except that's not the case, and you're no better than all these other unappreciate assholes who focus on negative instead of positive.  No wonder so many people's taste in humor is shit. 

Thanks for your contributions though!

Why are you getting so defensive over me pointing out that Amy is a joke theif? I'm not shitting on your list I'm just saying she's not funny, even with other people's material.

Well, I am getting a little defensive and to you in particular, I apologize.  This list was not something I just came up with in 5 minutes.  I watch stand ups all the time and I try to note which ones I like so I could compile a master list so that when I want to laugh, but not laugh at whatever I was laughing at last week, I could look at this list and be like..."oh yeah, I haven't seen that person's stand up in a long time".   

I was frustrated with all the negative comments with very little recognition that I'm trying to do something nice, and you got the grunt of it.  Sorry.

Now, back to your specific comments, what is this joke theiving you're speaking of?  Is it like a word for word joke theif or a similar joke but delivery/set up totally different?  I do agree Dane Cook and Schaub are horrible.  Schaub being the worst, Dane's fanbase being worse.

I take that back.  Your original comment was absolute shit, totally unproductive and added nothing but negativity to this thread.  Several others had names they recommended without being a dick.  You just took some people you didn't like and said, "wah wah I don't like this person on your list".  

I don't give a fuck who I like that you don't like.  I'm trying to find people you and others like, that I might not have heard about.

https://youtu.be/4eDxjxVl8S0

Well if you like Amy might I suggest checking out all the comedians she stole from? Material you obviously think is funny?

There's a positive post for ya, fucktard. :)

1 Like

"Thanks for this list.  I'll try to come up with some suggestings not listed I think you might like.  With all those comedians you listed, I'm a bit surprised you listed Amy Schumer in there.  I'd assume if you follow comedy this much to compile a list like this you'd be aware she has stolen quite a few jokes from other comedians.  It's documented.  Are you aware of this and don't care of not aware?"

If you came at me like that, your post would stand out in a far more positive manner where I would actually care about your feedback.  

And to answer this hypothetical post you are probably incapable of making, No, I was not aware.  For the purity and originalness of stand up comedians material, I naturally want to shun her for this and don't want to support her, but because of how big of a dick you were about it, I'm actually going to watch some of her stand up specials this weekend, just to spite your negativity you spew online.  Fucktard :)

You guys hate the fact that this is actually funny don't you?

Or you gonna really try to pretend like this wasn't funny?

#1 Norm MacDonald

#2 Gilbert Gottfried

EKPOGI - 

#1 Norm MacDonald

#2 Gilbert Gottfried

Someone already mentioned Norm which I acknowledged.

Gilbert however, is one not mentioned until you just did.

What's funny about him to me, is like a few others, I did NOT like him at first, for a while.   But over the past few years I've seen him perform both stand up and comedy roast, and I'll be damned if I was not so surprised by how funny he was.  He's vulgar in the same way Bog Saget is, but he's far more "funny" vulgar.  

Thanks for yet another quality addition Ek.

He's another one that will be added to my list as he should've already been on.

Honestly the more this thread progresses, probably the harder to find a comedian that's good that's not yet mentioned.  

1 Like

No Rodney Dangerfield, no Andrew Dice Clay, no Jerry Seinfeld????

What kind of an asshole makes a SHIT list like this?!?!?!

Just kidding D! Thanks for all the recommendations. I like stand up.

2 Likes
Canooke - No Rodney Dangerfield, no Andrew Dice Clay, no Jerry Seinfeld????

Ha ha, good stuff Canooke.  

Besides the fact you were obviously fucking with me, 2 of those 3 names most definitely should be on there.  GEEZ, how could I have left otu Rodney and Jerry!?!?!?!

Rodney was SO underrated.  I can't imagine how hard it must be for people like him and Jimmy Carr to do full 1 hour sets of nothing but short one liner jokes.  And they're good ones too.  

Andrew Dice I actually enjoyed when I was a teenager, but when I tried to watch him again as an adult, I was surprised how unfunny he was to me.  How long has it been since you've seen his stand up?

Rodney and Seinfeld though, two SOLID mentions.

Also I've watched Seinfeld the tv series 3 times.  Like every episode of every season, 3 times.  So good. 

1 Like
D241 - 
Canooke - No Rodney Dangerfield, no Andrew Dice Clay, no Jerry Seinfeld????

Ha ha, good stuff Canooke.  

Besides the fact you were obviously fucking with me, 2 of those 3 names most definitely should be on there.  GEEZ, how could I have left otu Rodney and Jerry!?!?!?!

Rodney was SO underrated.  I can't imagine how hard it must be for people like him and Jimmy Carr to do full 1 hour sets of nothing but short one liner jokes.  And they're good ones too.  

Andrew Dice I actually enjoyed when I was a teenager, but when I tried to watch him again as an adult, I was surprised how unfunny he was to me.  How long has it been since you've seen his stand up?

Rodney and Seinfeld though, two SOLID mentions.

Also I've watched Seinfeld the tv series 3 times.  Like every episode of every season, 3 times.  So good. 

Honestly D, I can't remember the last time I saw a full set of Dice's or even a good chunk of one. I've seen clips on the OG which I recall being funny but clips are usually the best bits. I've also seen him here or there on Howard Stern and places like that and he's always an entertaining guest but watching an hour of a set, no, been a long time.

Hard to take a comedian list seriously whatsoever without Jerry Lewis being there. 

Sorry, that came across snarky, was not intentional.

Good list otherwise.

I don't know if I've ever seen Ricky Gervais "stand up" but I LOVE when he hosts the Golden Globes. I need to watch his stand up. In 2010 Channel 4 ranked him as the 3rd greatest stand up of all time. I also love the British version of The Office. So, I'm not even sure I've seen Ricky's stand up but I'm going to nominate him for your list D.

Pablo Francisco is great too.

I personally think Amy Schumer's stand up is getting shit on way too hard.

I'll put this stand up special against most anyone's and few would be funnier.

Her OPENER for one, hilarious.  Right after that, crowd interaction off the cuff, funny shit.

If you don't think the first 2-3 minutes of this is funny, please tell me comedians who have a funnier set.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giz-_oKaa-A

I also forgot Ellen Degeneres.  Two solid stand up specials including a somewhat recent one.

Jim gaffegan does it without even swearing 

he's the best 

1 Like

But like most things.  It's subjective 

If you didn't see, Gaffigan has a brand new one that came out last week.  His best one yet, although like you said subjective.  He self deprecates better than anyone.

Make sure you have a pop up protector

https://onlystream.tv/rdfb2qvwnd8x