My favorite stand up comedians(58)

Tim Allen for really pushing comedians for tv shows.Rosanne as well for that.they changed television.

And if you really want an original gangster Dick van dyke and that whole staff. They were way ahead of their time.

Jackie Gleason was hard to imagine by today's standards.

Lucille ball was on tv for 40 years straight when there was only 3 channels.

Don Rickels is a guy that every person mention respected and worked continuously for 60 yrs until his death.

If you ever liked comedy watch Mr warmth. One of the best ever.I watched and got sad for what comedy had become. It was great. Mob funeral is one of the funniest stories ever told.

There are legendary funny road comics that you never heard of like mike green to legendary crazy people like Angel Salazar.

Disgruntled clowns and people like buddy Hackett who worked for years and years.

Johnny Carson was so good he perfected monologues that Milton burle and Gleason invented..

Richard belzer was another one.

Sorry can't sleep but at least I broke it up.

Eddie izzard was told that Germans don't have a sense of humor as a group and that is why they don't have comedians and that it was impossible. So he taught himself German became fluent and booked a show over there and got laughs. There are now German comedians.he literally taught an entire country to laugh and that comedy is ok.

I was recently in Russia and they now have a comedy club in Moscow. It is called standup club no 1 and is really nice. Then do an all English show on Sunday.

Andrew Shulz is the shit right now.

I feel like you're just throwing comedian names out there now Half Speed.  You need to go about 1/8th speed.

Every name I gave you is very good and worth looking into. 

I have been a comic for 17 years. I have definitely done my 10,000 hrs. I know most of those names personality or by reputation. It is a small world. Believe me there are many many more names that are average or worse. Those are the people I find very funny that I like and can listen to.

It is very much like music some people will say better band that sold 50 million records sucks, but it doesn't mean that they do. It just means but they are not that person's cup of tea.

1 Like

Russell Peters it's probably one of the biggest comedians of all time. He is internationally famous and where we measure superstardom in America if they can sell out Madison Square Garden or arenas Russell Peters has done shows globally for over 200,000 people at a time. Comedy is also weird and that you can be a super mega star for a couple years and then fade as your material isn't quite as polished as what made you a superstar. You end up rushing out new material and specials to cash in on your moment in the light.

Where's Micky flanagan?

Gallagher one of the biggest comedians of all time who pioneered the one hour special on premium cable is now playing very small venues and bowling alleys in the Midwest. I don't think he is doing it because he needs the money I think he just likes doing comedy.

Half speed - 

I have been a comic for 17 years. I have definitely done my 10,000 hrs. I know most of those names personality or by reputation. It is a small world. Believe me there are many many more names that are average or worse. Those are the people I find very funny that I like and can listen to.

It is very much like music some people will say better band that sold 50 million records sucks, but it doesn't mean that they do. It just means but they are not that person's cup of tea.

You feel like doing an AMA in this thread or your own thread? I think lots of us standup fans would be interested in hearing about the experiences and thoughts of someone working in such a non-traditional creative field, I know I would.

Half speed - 

On a person's cup of tea. That is why I did not shit on OP after he mentioned guys like Sinbad while leaving Pryor, Stanhope, Giraldo, etc... off his list. You can't just assume someone else has the same taste or has even been exposed to the same performances.

For sure I've heard Richard Belzer and Buddy Hackett were great standups but I'd be lying if I've seen more than two minutes of either of them on stage so I can't speak on the subject of their merit.

That might be fun the only issue is sometimes if I can't sleep I will be on the OG for an hour or more at a time and then sometimes I get busy and can't log in for most of the day. I kind of did one about Russia in April that was kind of neat but I got busy for about 4 or 5 days and it sort of fell off. I had some really cool pictures on that.

Kurt Metzger is another really good one. His "White Precious" special is excellent

https://youtu.be/TOm9qBNwhrI