my first sword... aka am I a neckbeard?

So I purchased my first sword. from Customswordshop.com

Its a type xi based on viking build. I asked them to make it and put a price point and what came home was pretty sweet.

blade itself is 33 inches long. handle is about 7 inches, 1 handed.

When I cut it in the air I can hear it sing.

Its very responsive, but if I could change things after having it built it would be to have a little wider blade, slightly shorter, keep the same taper, and have a counter balance to offset the extra wieght that the blade would have.

photo 20140502_210627a_zps91e99c5a.jpg

photo 20140502_210617_zpsb0fd3bf2.jpg

photo 20140502_210605_zps7bdb4bcc.jpg

photo 20140502_210550_zpsc8de87c7.jpg

ITS TAPE

photo 20140502_210511_zps22b418e5.jpg

Ulfberth? Phone Post 3.0

Tips fedora

Not really, ive touched a titty Phone Post 3.0

Oath Keeper. Use it to slay poon-nanny. Phone Post 3.0

Very nice. I was just looking at swords today. How much did that cost you OP? Phone Post 3.0

That will look great melted down and installed on my throne

I was expecting some ghey shit with skulls and fuckery. That is a really nice looking sword.

Not that I admire men's swords often. But your sword looks classy. Not to long not to short. Girth looks spot on.

Anyways I'm no expert. Phone Post 3.0

Did you buy it out of this magazine?

Now what?

DaveFu -

The kid on the cover of this magazine looks like an expert on swords vtfu DaveFu!!! Phone Post 3.0

fahker -
DaveFu -

The kid on the cover of this magazine looks like an expert on swords vtfu DaveFu!!! Phone Post 3.0
His sword glows blue when hes near Australia dogs iirc Phone Post 3.0

I don't know why but whenever I hear the word sword, I instantly think of katana's. Phone Post 3.0

Nice sword.

sourcheese - So I purchased my first sword. from Customswordshop.com

Its a type xi based on viking build. I asked them to make it and put a price point and what came home was pretty sweet.

blade itself is 33 inches long. handle is about 7 inches, 1 handed.

When I cut it in the air I can hear it sing.

Its very responsive, but if I could change things after having it built it would be to have a little wider blade, slightly shorter, keep the same taper, and have a counter balance to offset the extra wieght that the blade would have.

"Its a type xi"

Props for using the Oakeshott name.