What were his total winnings?

EFM -

7 years.

Fold me like one of your lawn chairs -
EFM -

7 years.

Lol.  For a few grand.  Shoulda sold plasma.

Fold me like one of your lawn chairs -
EFM -

7 years.

This

pribably snorted a couple hundred worth too

Are people in Canada really so nice that even bank robbers apologize?

trollinchael - 

http://www.merrittherald.com/serial-bank-robber-gets-seven-year-sentence/

I remember when all this happened. He robbed a couple banks close to me and I believe was a suspect in 1 here as well.

"An apprentice electrician who held up nine banks in three provinces during a two-month crime spree was sentenced on Tuesday, Feb. 28, to seven years in prison.

With credit for 13 months already spent in jail, Cornish has another four years to serve in a federal penitentiary."

So in Canada, seven years = four years and 13 months? Is that because of the metric system or something

sicko - "An apprentice electrician who held up nine banks in three provinces during a two-month crime spree was sentenced on Tuesday, Feb. 28, to seven years in prison.

With credit for 13 months already spent in jail, Cornish has another four years to serve in a federal penitentiary."

So in Canada, seven years = four years and 13 months? Is that because of the metric system or something

Prison time in Canada falls in line with the strength our dollar.

Right now $1.00 USD = $0.73 CAD.  So if you take 84 US months (7 years) and multiply that by 0.73, you end up with 61 Canadian months (4 years + 13 months).

i hope this makes sense.  I'm sorry if it does not.

My cousin robbed 8 banks. Went to Federal prison at 45. He will not get out until he is 70 years old.

7 years for 9 banks at gun point?

My cousin just got more than that for robbing 3 convenience stores.

He was looking at 40+ if they could prove that he claimed to have a gun.

No gun on camera and no audio, so he got 7.5 years.

Note to self: If I'm going to take up robbing banks, do it in Canada. If I shoot someone, they might give me a citizenship award.

One of my old high school friends (i have not spoken to in probably 17 years) turned into a bank robber/heroin addict.

He was killed in a shootout with police. I was shocked to say the least when I read the headlines.

lazermonkey - My cousin robbed 8 banks. Went to Federal prison at 45. He will not get out until he is 70 years old.