My God that chin!

Tony absorbed so many shots that would have flatline most fighters.  I hope he isn't damaged from this fight and can back 100%

2 Likes

He deserves a bonus 

2 Likes

Top 5 chin performance ever.

2 Likes

Unbelievable display of toughness. We aren’t talking about someone getting beaten up in the sense of getting grinded on for 5 rounds - we’re  talking 5 rounds of continuously eating viscous, headhunting shots. 

I don’t know how Tony isn’t brain damaged after that. 

1 Like

Thats the type of fight that you don’t come back the same from. Tony definitely is walking away with a brain injury. They say the worst brain damage comes from multiple subconcussive blows that don’t render you unconscious. That was pretty much all that was for 4 plus rounds. He’s too tough, but at the end of that fight his willpower was the only thing keeping him standing. 

I don't know that I ever saw anything quite like in MMA. Was one of those fights where you know its not good for him.

Is he okay today? I wonder how his head feels?

1 Like

Wonder what it feels like for the next 48 hours or so? That’s legit car wreck, no seatbelt type damage.  

WaIting for the Joanna Ferguson Hematoba memes. 

Girly -

Wonder what it feels like for the next 48 hours or so? That’s legit car wreck, no seatbelt type damage.  

That’s a car wreck with multiple roll overs and shit flying around the car repeatedly adding to the injuries.  

wiggum - Top 5 chin performance ever.

I’ll go a bit further: Top 1 chin performance ever, imo.

I’ve been watching combat sports forever. I’ve never seen anybody take that many “KO type” shots like that. Not Mark Hunt. Nobody.

With a chin like that he might be able to absorb the air for a missed Ngannou punch.

1 Like
ABCTT_sakurabas ear -
Girly -

That’s a car wreck with multiple roll overs and shit flying around the car repeatedly adding to the injuries.  

And then an F150 smashes into side of his ambulance 

It really was sad to watch. I honestly don’t want to see Tony fight again. I was cringing every time Justin punched him in the head in the 5th round 

wiggum - Top 5 chin performance ever.

close the fucking thread, everyone go home

He sounded completely normal taalking with Rogan after the fight, which was weird

Reminded me of Tim Sylvia v. Cabbage. Some guys are too tough for their own good.

blood fist -

I’ve been watching combat sports forever. I’ve never seen anybody take that many “KO type” shots like that. Not Mark Hunt. Nobody.

And it was that he absorbed them without his head snapping and turning .  Just like they stuck to his head 

blood fist -

Different game at HW.

Tim Duncan -

Tony absorbed so many shots that would have flatline most fighters.  I hope he isn't damaged from this fight and can back 100%

Hope so too. Wish him all the best, but am worried that was a life-changing beating... Worse than Rory against Lawler. At least that fight was fairly even, while Ferg looked like he had just fought himself (compare his face to Pettis, Cowboy, etc post Ferg fights)...