My god this Blue Moon Brewery

In Green Bay for the Packers game. Figured I'd go for local fare and beers I can't get at home (near Toronto). 2 things: 1) Blue Moon Mountain Abbey Ale is fantastic. 2) Dickey's Barbecue Pit is incredible.

I'm now drinking Bell's Amber Ale. Not bad but it's no MAA. Phone Post 3.0

Two hearted son...you done messed up! Phone Post 3.0

You don't have Blue Moon in Toronto? Phone Post 3.0

Blue Moon is a fantastic beverage. Phone Post 3.0

You're in Wisconsin - drink spotted cow while you have the chance Phone Post 3.0

domernd1 - You're in Wisconsin - drink spotted cow while you have the chance Phone Post 3.0
Don't listen to this man. Do that and you will be ruined on all other beers forever. It's absolutely glorious and impossible to obtain outside Wisconsin. I made the mistake of drinking Spotted Cow once. It resulted in me seeing the face of God and I now must make nearly monthly trips to Wisconsin to obtain more. Don't end up like me Phone Post 3.0

I tried blue moon last week and they put a slice of orange in it?! And it was fuckin rank. Give me a pint of fosters over that cack any day Phone Post 3.0

Yup, blue moon is awesome.

Isn't the mountain abbey ale called "full moon?"

Also I just went to the coors brewery in Colorado and it was awesome. Coors stadium in Denver is actually where blue moon was created Phone Post 3.0

SonnendbySilva - I tried blue moon last week and they put a slice of orange in it?! And it was fuckin rank. Give me a pint of fosters over that cack any day Phone Post 3.0
I don't think they're referring to the Coors product 'Blue Moon'. Phone Post 3.0

At least I hope they're not referring to the Coors product lol. Phone Post 3.0

PaulyMolitor -
grizz632 - 
domernd1 - You're in Wisconsin - drink spotted cow while you have the chance Phone Post 3.0
Don't listen to this man. Do that and you will be ruined on all other beers forever. It's absolutely glorious and impossible to obtain outside Wisconsin. I made the mistake of drinking Spotted Cow once. It resulted in me seeing the face of God and I now must make nearly monthly trips to Wisconsin to obtain more. Don't end up like me Phone Post 3.0

Couldnt be more wrong

Clearly not giving the beer enough credit

Spotted Cow>God
Bought a New Glarus variety pack at Copps last night. Will be drinking it during the tailgate. Phone Post 3.0

MyGodThisMMA - You don't have Blue Moon in Toronto? Phone Post 3.0
Some Toronto distributors might carry it but I live about 40 minutes east. I'll have to look around and see. It's probably expensive as fuck if they do have it though. Probably near $30 or more for a 12 pack. Phone Post 3.0

chadk - At least I hope they're not referring to the Coors product lol. Phone Post 3.0
Blue Moon Belgian White is made by Coors. How else would a 'start-up' micro brewery have national adverts and commercials right off the bat? Phone Post 3.0

Blue moon is in canada, I believe they think they use the recipe for Rickards White... Assuming we're talking about blue moon, the white beer Phone Post 3.0

Blue Moon is pretty bad. Every single one of their beers is low quality. Their wheat beer is swill.

Samsonite1084 - Blue moon is in canada, I believe they think they use the recipe for Rickards White... Assuming we're talking about blue moon, the white beer Phone Post 3.0
Looks like I had a stroke while writing that first sentence. Blue moon is owned by coors, and Rickards is owned by Molson coors. I used to work at Molson, and that's what people always said Phone Post 3.0

The Blue Moon seasonals are often brewed and formulated by the 'craft' wings in Coors like the Sandlot and AC Golden. I know a few of those guys. The Mountain Abbey is a good one. It's not much of an abbey-style beer, but it has a shit ton of malt flavor. It's worth a try even for beer geeks. Phone Post 3.0

chadk - At least I hope they're not referring to the Coors product lol. Phone Post 3.0
Do you know how it started? It was micro brew that was exclusively sold in the coors stadium. Yes it's a coors product but it has true micro brew roots Phone Post 3.0

Blue Moon itself is and always has been in Golden and Denver, CO. It was the pilot brewery for Coors Field, but their production comes out of Golden. It's sometimes synonomous with the Sandlot at Coors Field and they have a lot of overlap, but they aren't 100% the same. The original Blue Moon wit is loosely based on Hoegaarden and Celis White. It's been dumbed down a bit and it was never as good, but that's what the inspiration was.
The seasonals tend to just be random recipes from the Coors craft divisions. Some are so-so at best, but a few are truly good. Phone Post 3.0