My GTA review

good if the fight is the same time as the adcc and the 5 minutes with no points is there as well.. 5 minutes -1 one is so restrictive..

just thought i'd get my two cents in on this issue since this whole discussion implicity refers to my fight.

-post scoring the match is after the fact.  the score that i saw during my match had a significant influence on my performance.  i thought i was up the whole fight and felt that there was no need to attempt any moves that could have comprised my position or point accumulation at any given time during the match. 

"Knowing in advance that the other guy can protest the decision with videotape after means that you have to toss aside the usual "match strategy" and keep attacking until the end. I'm not faulting anyone, I'm just suggesting how to adapt to this system to ensure victory. "

-i think the having protest option (w/ a lack of specifiable criteria) is not compatible with having a scoreboard visable to competitors.  high claibre matchs are typically  determined by a very narrow point margin. so even if you are ahead by lets say 2 points, you have really have to consider if its worth jepordizing a 2 point lead based on the assumption that there could theoretically be someone video taping your match.  there is a considerable amount of ambiguity w/ respect whether or not someone is video taping your match, not to mention the fact that the material could present a perspective not representitive of the actual match. 

psychokiller, we can take this debate up at my basement on tuesday....i hope you've been practicing your ne waza

there are more pressing matters at hand when competiting i.e getting warmed up, psched out etc.  running around the gym conducting my own investigation to see if someone is videotaping my match is not my top prioity. c'mon folks, im not going to rely on the possibility that person X is feeling particularily voyeuristic that day and decides to tape my match.

anyways folks, these are mere recommendations and should be read and interpreted accordingly.

peace

punk.. that what happens when you dont sponsor certain people :)

btw.. what happend???

one of my matches got protested and my victory was revoked.  :(

offical video tapers could put some of my concerns to rest

Cool, I'll call you tomorrow around noon bro.

"c'mon folks, im not going to rely on the possibility that person X is feeling particularily voyeuristic that day and decides to tape my match."

You know that you will always have a stalker in mentalmidget :)

In your match(superunknown) it started with your opponent having 4 points for the 1st 1.5 mins & you had 0. Suddenly the score was reversed to you having 4 points & your opponent having 0 after you had just sat to guard, which is what made the scoring questionable.

The points were being protested during the match(right after the scoreboard was changed) but a match cannot be protested with video until after the match is complete(for obvious reasons).

Mark viewed the tape & made the decision based on the rules of the tournament. Both teams were not allowed to give their view points during the review. It is unfortunate that the decision had to be turned around but these were the rules of the event & we're all subject to them.

Regardless, you're a great competitor & will continue to have great success on the mats.

dking finally made a little sense for a change :)

thank you but with a name like mental midget...difficult to take a compliment...lol

I am surprised someone would pay $50 to review the fight. It's not like either guy is high profile in the big world of Sub Grappling. Even if it was me I would have let the fight stand for $50.

Just my 2 cents

I don't know...it doesn't get any bigger than the Toronto submission grappling circuit.

The $50 is refunded if the decision is overturned. It was not a case of one missed call being contested or something. The entire scoring of the match was in question, both during and after the match. The final result showed a large discrepancy between the original score and the reviewed score. The pursuit of fairness was the impetus for the review.

One thing everyone can agree on is that the reffing of that match was horrible.

But don't let that overshadow the fact that that was the only video review of the day.

THE TOURNAMENT WAS WELL REFFED

WELL RUN

AND LOTS OF FUN

It's difficult to determine where fault really fell:reffing or score keepers, but regardless it had to be corrected. I'm sure there were many matches that people would've contested but couldn't be bothered.

What I find funny is how much talk it's created..shows how little there is to discuss...lol

"What I find funny is how much talk it's created..shows how little there is to discuss"

Possibly. Perhaps it also shows that people take these competitions a little too seriously. This thing isn't worth damaging frienships and creating feuds between clubs.

Glad to hear he got his money back.

"Possibly. Perhaps it also shows that people take these competitions a little too seriously. This thing isn't worth damaging frienships and creating feuds between clubs. "

For sure it isn't worth it & that was never the intent

FIrst of all I would like to thank all the competitors, coaches and spectators for coming out and supporting this event despite the short notice and the horrific weather.

Our goal was to run an event where all competitors from beginners through advanced, male or female get the opportunity to really test themselves and gain experience. I would like to thank all the volunteers, and referees that made the event run smoothly. I emphasize the fact that this was the first event for Kombat Arts Training Academy in awhile but its good to be back.

To address a couple of comments....the round robin draws were not the cause of the longer day but rather my oversight in me deciding to go with three mats instead of four for the no-gi. Nevertheless I think we still got everyone out at a decent time. I truly appreciate the feedback that anyone wants to provide. The more criticism and comments we get the better the next event will be. All aspects of the event will be reviewed and decisions will be made for future competitions accordingly.

Once again thank you everyone. This was a great displayt of the talect that Ontario and Canada has to offer.

See you all in the spring!!!

Happy Grappling!

Cappster - Kombat Arts

ttt

hey dom, if im not high profile then explain the advantage i scored on you biatch....lol