My Hero

My 94 year old grandpa goes golfing every Father’s Day with his kids. This year 4 of 5 of his kids made it out to golf with him. 

This guy was a second father to me growing up, as him and grandma lived in our basement until I moved out at 17. I absolutely cherish him; he is an incredible man.

My brother and I took our dad out for a round of golf today too. Dad just turned 60 this year... and I can only hope to keep playing golf with my old man when he’s 94. 

Hope all you OG Father’s had a great Father’s day, and anyone who isn’t a father had a great day with their old man. 

10 Likes

2 Likes

Are you Callaway hat?

Nice

That’s awesome! Happy Father’s Day! 

1 Like

Awesome

Colby Covid19ington - Are you Callaway hat?

That’s my uncle. He’s an awesome father too... best sense of humour of any person I’ve ever met. He’s a helluva curler, and highly regarded amongst his peers in our curling club. He’s getting old (67), and letting me skip our curling team next year. 

playing golf at 94. that's some great genes.

Complete badass. Congrats for having a gramps so cool mate!

"I'm 93 years old, those 70 year olds are too wild for me!" 

"I'd still suck a titty if they'd let me!" 

1 Like

"Dave, I don't feel 88 anymore!" 

KingSchlong - Complete badass. Congrats for having a gramps so cool mate!

He’s the biggest badass ever.

He enlisted to fight for Canada in the Second World War, and was rejected because he’s Japanese, for fear he would be a spy. It killed him to see his friends going off overseas, and not being able to join them. 

Last year at 93, he wanted to skip our curling team for the men’s bonspiel (tournament). Our family had to sit him down and tell him he has to stay off the ice, because if he fell he’d break bones that would never heal. He watched the whole bonspiel from the upstairs, and had many critiques and tips for us after each game. 

1 Like

RosieODonnellsQueef - 

He enlisted to fight for Canada in the Second World War, and was rejected because he’s Japanese, for fear he would be a spy. It killed him to see his friends going off overseas, and not being able to join them. 

Last year at 93, he wanted to skip our curling team for the men’s bonspiel (tournament). Our family had to sit him down and tell him he has to stay off the ice, because if he fell he’d break bones that would never heal. He watched the whole bonspiel from the upstairs, and had many critiques and tips for us after each game. 

I hope that his Japanese half was above the waist. 

RosieODonnellsQueef - 

Damn, even more of a badass! Thanks!

Very cool my friend. I hope you're well

1 Like

Oh where did they go?

In town here?

DaveFu -
RosieODonnellsQueef - 

I hope that his Japanese half was above the waist. 

He’s full Japanese Dave. He gave me a quarter of the man he is, and I’ll forever be thankful of his heritage. 

The guy fucked though. You don’t get 5 kids if your Japanese half is above the waist. I’m thankful to have my dad’s European side below the waist.

Thats pretty awesome man. 

Also I always laugh/barf at your sn

1 Like

ABCTT_TFK_Mr.Smiff - Oh where did they go?

In town here?

There’s a street in our town named after grandpa. He’s been here since the Great Depression forced his family to leave Japan. He’s lived in this town for 90 years.