My house being cased?

There was a loud bang on my front door around 9pm . A police type of knock. I go to the door and no one is there. I close the door and go to the next room which has no lights on so they can't see me looking and i see two younger dudes in hoodies creeping in front of a car parked a few feet up my street. They slowly walk from in front of the car after I'm guessing they thought I went back and sat down, they walked past my house across the street, then once they passed my house crossed the street again to my side. One was looking back at my house the entire time while walking down the street, still with their hoods up.

They weren't really big, could have been around 18 year range? Skinny. Do kids still play ding dong ditch? Only other thing or reason I can think of. I thought about how hard they knocked and maybe they were testing to see if I had a dog that would bark?

The fucked up part is just two weeks ago my older neighbor a block down had their door kicked in at 5am as soon as the husband left for work they kicked in the door and took the car keys then left.

I didn't confront the 2 people but I made sure I put my bright ass flashlight on them from my window while they walked down the street.

So what's the deal? Sleep with one eye open? Kids playing, although I don't live in that kind of neighborhood with kids going around playing the knock and run game.

I don't have an alarm or anything like that so not going to lie, kind of worried about going to sleep tonight. Don't have the extra funds for a gun right now either. Thinking about sleeping in the living room so I can hear shit. For them to break in at 5am a few weeks ago that wasn't random, as soon as the husband left for work and it was the wife only?

You should call the police if you're too scared to go out and kick their asses

I did turn on the light and go out. Didn't see anyone until I went and looked out my windows for a min or two. Didn't call police. My bro in law has extra weapon of mass destruction. I pick up tomorrow until I can grab something. Think I will be stopping into the station tomorrow and giving a heads up now that you mention it.

See the Oklahoma case for reference.

They were going to break in to your house. This is common, they ring the doorbell or knock, wait and if nobody answers you're getting your door kicked in. 

Mr Feet - 

You should get a hoodie and try to infiltrate their dangerous gang

Or send Rachel Dolezal, she's looking for work.

AR 15 Vs Urban Yutes. aR win X 3

I have a new pup boxer mix too. lol that fucker doesn't bark yet just bites the shit out of your feet. should have went out there holding him like dr. evil

how much is a good yet cheap shotgun? I'm guessing those are cheaper than a handgun?

BrckNoHitBk - 

how much is a good yet cheap shotgun? I'm guessing those are cheaper than a handgun?

JOE BIDEN IS AN OGER!

AnthonyWeiner -
BrckNoHitBk - 

JOE BIDEN IS AN OGER!

Don't you EVERRRR bring politics into one of my threads. EVER!

I was coming here for solid weapon of mass destruction advice but F it. I'm not even scared about this shit....

They may have been selling magazines so they could win a trip somewhere.

Absolutely casing or may have busted in if no answer.

Arm yourself. Be diligent.

BrckNoHitBk -
AnthonyWeiner -
BrckNoHitBk - 

JOE BIDEN IS AN OGER!

I was coming here for solid weapon of mass destruction advice but F it. I'm not even scared about this shit....

Just set a massive spike in front of the door for them to rush into. Or leave some nails stashed on the ground to step on. Razor wire on the door/fence. Go all Home Alone on these kids

FleecaJohn - 

You should call the police if you're too scared to go out and kick their asses

He won't call the police because he likely owes these people money.

He is a troll or a tweaker.

FleecaJohn -
BrckNoHitBk -
AnthonyWeiner -
BrckNoHitBk - 

JOE BIDEN IS AN OGER!

Just set a massive spike in front of the door for them to rush into. Or leave some nails stashed on the ground to step on. Razor wire on the door/fence. Go all Home Alone on these kids

I swear to god I was thinking of some Home Alone shit while looking out my window. Not going to lie, these asshole have me paranoid. Here's what I've been looking up while shining my flashlight in between my houses every few minutes. My state is pretty good with the laws.

Among other things, Ohio requires a firearm owner to report the loss or theft of any firearm in the person’s possession or under the person’s control.

However, Ohio does not:

Require a background check prior to the transfer of a firearm between private parties;

Prohibit the transfer or possession of assault weapons, 50 caliber rifles, or large capacity ammunition magazines;

Require firearms dealers to obtain a state license;

Limit the number of firearms that may be purchased at one time;

Impose a waiting period on firearm purchases;

Regulate ammunition sales;

Allow local governments to regulate firearms; or

Provide local governments with the discretion to deny concealed weapons permits.

15-17 year olds doing some ding dong ditching most likely. I enjoyed going ding dong ditching when I was that age. And yes, they knock loud. Lots of people door bells don't work and you can only knock for a few seconds before having to run away so they make it loud to be heard. I used to ding dong ditch with a partner where one person rings the doorbell while another knocks loudly. Good times! 

Does your doorbell work OP?

Don't get me wrong now. Your boy is definitely not empty handed. I have all kinds of stun guns. Baton stun guns, regular stun guns, keychain stunguns, fake cell phone. wouldn't expect a stun gun then stone cold stunner following up.

TheBulgarianAssassin -

15-17 year olds doing some ding dong ditching most likely. I enjoyed going ding dong ditching when I was that age. And yes, they knock loud. Lots of people door bells don't work and you can only knock for a few seconds before having to run away so they make it loud to be heard. I used to ding dong ditch with a partner where one person rings the doorbell while another knocks loudly. Good times! 

Does your doorbell work OP?

Nope it doesn't work. They just seemed to big for that game. I didn't even think people still play that shit. Specially around here. I do hope you're right. I shouldn't keep my fucking badass 16' Jeep Compass out in the drive.

BrckNoHitBk -

I'm not a gun guy, but shotguns are the choice for home defense because of he heir intimidation factor and easy use. Hard to miss something in close rang even in the dark.

Pistols aren't hard to use, but definitely hard to aim and lack the aforementioned intimidation. Also, a shotgun blast won't travel, but a pistol bullet could go through the wall and hit something else. Maybe a precious boxer puppy. 

I could be wrong on all these points though, so take it with a grain of salt