My Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear Rip Stop Gi Ripped

Bought the white rip stop gi from JJ Pro Gear. It lasted 3 weeks, maybe trained in it a total of 5 times, it ripped while teaching the Gracie Self Defense basic 40. Ripped from the seat to almost my knee. I've said rip stop is not my favorite material, but this is ridiculous. Junk gis, avoid at all costs and save your cash.

well I have had that for almost a year with no problems. Mine is the navy tho maybe that why.

This is one reason I like the koral light. The pants are still made of cotton instead of the rip stop material. Phone Post

My JJPG ripstop pants ripped from the cuff up to ankle within a month. I stopped wearing them after the ripped. I was just really disappointed.

bohdi ate messican food and farted the bottom out

rip stop is rip off

Get rip stop because its light, but not because you think it won't rip. Ive seen plenty that just don't hold up. Phone Post

Art Corvelay - I have worn the Atama rip-stop pants (used in #9) 2x a week for 3-4 years, with machine was and dry after each use. I have also heard horror stories on these exact pants, with complaints of tearing from day 1.

My theories are that the fabric is very hit or miss, or that individual body size and fitting is a factor.

The OLD Atamas are amazing. Now I'm not impressed.

The same thing happened to me. I used the jjpg ripstop gi maybe about 4 months (probably trained in it 3-4x a week). in feb. this year at a tournament the sleeve tore about 4 inches during the middle of the match

i emailed jjpg with pictures of the tear and they replaced the gi for me free of charge, so i would recommend trying that

Art Corvelay - I have worn the Atama rip-stop pants (used in #9) 2x a week for 3-4 years, with machine was and dry after each use. I have also heard horror stories on these exact pants, with complaints of tearing from day 1.

My theories are that the fabric is very hit or miss, or that individual body size and fitting is a factor.

I'm in this boat. I guess I'm one of the few that prefers ripstop.