My job is boss/ job is horrible. AMA TME

I want to quit real soon, but we are buying a house and I have to be at my job for 2 years.

In short my boss is a POS. The only reason he has his job is he knocked up the owners daughter. The guy is an alcoholic. Drunk in the mornings at least once a week and usually starts drinking @ around noon everyday if he isn't drunk in the morning. His buddy is a area supervisor who is also a drunk POS. Guy has fucked up around 70 k in product the last year or so with no consequences. He blames it someone else, one of his guys just quit last week because of it.

I have been working there about 8years total now. Worked there for over 4 and then sold the company and the new it ran it into the ground. I went to school for about 2 years and the. Went back to work there about 3 years ago when I moved back to the area. The original owner got it back about a year after they shut down. My best friend used to run the place back before the shutdown ( also the owners son) but decided open his own business after the shutdown, that's when capt dipshit came into the picture.

The plant manager (drunk guy) holds meetings about once a month and tells everyone how ducked up they are. Today he says if someone is late more than 10 minutes then you will work for free for the first hour you are there. The best part is the plant has about 50 illegals working there, so he has to have the HMIC ( head Mexican in charge) to translate. The HMIC is a good dude and works his ass off. Pretty much does the plant managers job. The manager makes all kinds of threats about firing people, but the ones who should be fired... don't. Mainly because he buys drugs from them. He has had a bunch if his idiot friends work there over the years and mainly they just get drunk and ride around in a golf cart and smoke cigarettes.

In short how can I fuck him and the place over when I leave? OSHA would have a field day in that place as well as ICE. Some other people have reported them but nothing happened.

Drop some knowledge on me!

Althought ICE would be a good way to fuck him, In the end all those people would be fucked cause of him. Including the HMIC who works his ass off. OSHA is probably a better option, have you tried directly talkin to the owner?

Have him follow you in a company vehicle while he is drunk. Brake hard, get rear ended, claim injury, get big settlement. Phone Post 3.0

mma trane - 

Althought ICE would be a good way to fuck him, In the end all those people would be fucked cause of him. Including the HMIC who works his ass off. OSHA is probably a better option, have you tried directly talkin to the owner?

The owner knows he is a dirtbag, he is basically his father in law. I think he pities him on some level.

angrypirate - 
mma trane - 

The owner knows he is a dirtbag, he is basically his father in law. I think he pities him on some level.

if the guy knows you're a good worker you should still let him know what's been bothering you. He can't be losing good workers because of some dumbass.

mma trane - 
angrypirate - 
mma trane - 

if the guy knows you're a good worker you should still let him know what's been bothering you. He can't be losing good workers because of some dumbass.

I'm gonna talk to the owner after I get the house. I don't want to give the drunk a reason to fire me. I have job offers already, and I get paid to go to school full time if I want to go back.

angrypirate - 
mma trane - 
angrypirate - 
mma trane - 

I'm gonna talk to the owner after I get the house. I don't want to give the drunk a reason to fire me. I have job offers already, and I get paid to go to school full time if I want to go back.

Good, you have options. Don't let the owner know that, if and when you leave he'll take even more notice if he doesn't the first time you talk to him. Good luck friend.

When I got approved for a home loan they said I didn't need to be at the same job for 2 years just be doing the same kind of job for 2 years. I was only at my job for a little over a year but been in the industry for like 6 and they approved me. Maybe you can quit sooner than you think :) Phone Post 3.0

ocbjjchick - When I got approved for a home loan they said I didn't need to be at the same job for 2 years just be doing the same kind of job for 2 years. I was only at my job for a little over a year but been in the industry for like 6 and they approved me. Maybe you can quit sooner than you think :) Phone Post 3.0

There is only one other plant like the one I work at in the area . From what I've heard that place is worse. I can stick it out for another month or two until we close on the house.

You just described 90% of all jobs. It doesnt really matter what you know or how hard you work or even what you contribute... its who you know. Welcome to corporate America.
If you want to disassociate yourself from the machine prepare to live meekly. Save, invest intelligently and put off the house for a few years and find something that makes you happy.
If not, just deal with it. Reality is a mother fucker. Phone Post 3.0

Laslo Holyfeld - You just described 90% of all jobs. It doesnt really matter what you know or how hard you work or even what you contribute... its who you know. Welcome to corporate America.
If you want to disassociate yourself from the machine prepare to live meekly. Save, invest intelligently and put off the house for a few years and find something that makes you happy.
If not, just deal with it. Reality is a mother fucker. Phone Post 3.0

I have been feeling that way for a while now. That's why I want to get the house, quit and then finish school or find a career where I actually enjoy going to work everyday. This guy needs to get fucked good one time, his money and the people he knows gets him out of a lot of shit: DUI's, posession charges, etc. About 6 or 7 years ago he went on a 3 day coke bender and stole a company truck and was trying to take it to a chop shop. Of course the owner dropped the charges. And this is the guy he has running things. Jesus Christ...

Sounds like the script for horrible bosses 2 Phone Post 3.0

Punch the owners daughter in the stomach fren Phone Post 3.0

Your thread title sucks Phone Post 3.0

Update. I bought the house the first week of June. I got laid off last week on July 3. Said they would call me back when they had more work. I told him not to bother. He looked confused and I told him what a drunk POS he was along with his buddies who were all in there. Said that I was tire of busting my ass while the shitbags were coddled. Walked out and went to tell my wife @ work and she high fives me lol. Next day my friend (owners son) calls me and offers me a job, said he was thinking about asking me for awhile but wasn't sure I would leave to come work for him. Been working there a week now.

Congrats on getting out of that shitty situation.

If you really want to fuck them, find some environmental infractions that will interest the EPA. OSHA will work with a business, the EPA usually won't if you're in violation of any laws.

Call OSHA for sure.  I've used them to nail a shitty employer to the wall before.  They work well but you have to be very concise.  Know what OSHA covers, what constitutes a violation and be prepared to describe the violations in detail.  Have dates if  possible.  Also recommend other witnesses they can speak with.

Have a good look at labor laws, EPA policies and anything else that oversees your type of work and send them some detailed emails along with a phone call to direct them to said emails.