My kid is on a CRAPPY Tee Ball team, ugh

i know it is only tee ball but

his first year of tee ball (last year), the coaches were awesome and very organized

got the kids really interested and anjoying the game.....the entire team made vast improvements from the beginning to the end of the season

the team was always comlemented on how organized it was

this year we find out the head coach is a WOMAN and the "assistant coach" is her husband ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

right then and there, i knew this was not going to be good

the wife and husband coaches were late to the picture taking day with all hte kids' uniforms (they came late this year)

then he just had his first practice today and it was worse than I imagined....

the woman coach and her pussy ass husband showed up LATE again....the Woman is a total control freak but totally lacks any control whatsoever

so bad that me and another father had to step in and organize the practice today

I really want him to love baseball and learn proper fundamentals like he did last year

i forsee many dad and son practices

In Limbo - 

his first year of tee ball (last year), the coaches were awesome and very organized

got the kids really interested and anjoying the game.....the entire team made vast improvements from the beginning to the end of the season

this year we find out the head coach is a WOMAN and the "assistant coach" is her husband ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

the wife and husband coaches were late to the picture taking day with all hte kids' uniforms (they came late this year)

the woman coach and her pussy ass husband showed up LATE again....the Woman is a total control freak but totally lacks any control whatsoever

so bad that me and another father had to step in and organize the practice today

I really want him to love baseball and learn proper fundamentals like he did last year

Talk to some of the other dads. Get together, run practices without her, let her "coach" when it's game day.

AnthonyWeiner -
In Limbo - 

Talk to some of the other dads. Get together, run practices without her, let her "coach" when it"s game day.

we just might have to!

i actually practice drills with him a lot, so im  not too worried about him esp in Tee Ball

it just sucks that we went from a very organized, well coached team to utter chaos run by a domineering woman that doesnt know shit

you should have seen her poor husband as me and the other father stepped in.....so embarrassing

This happened to my boys last year, it was bad enough that neither would do baseball again.

the coach for both the boys teams was my step aunts husband who is "challenged". 

Practices were a free for all. The older team(7-8yr olds) was mostly kids who didnt start at a young age. The was no warm up, no fundamentals practice. He started with batting and would just throw the ball then tell them to do better.

He was removed as coach of my younger sons team(5yr olds) because he would yell at them. After one game his pep talk was telling them they all needed to do better or they wouldnt get college scholarships. 

Watching all the other teams we played you could see a big difference in how everything was run. 

TFK_LittleBoots - 

This happened to my boys last year, it was bad enough that neither would do baseball again.

the coach for both the boys teams was my step aunts husband who is "challenged". 

Practices were a free for all. The older team(7-8yr olds) was mostly kids who didnt start at a young age. The was no warm up, no fundamentals practice. He started with batting and would just throw the ball then tell them to do better.

He was removed as coach of my younger sons team(5yr olds) because he would yell at them. After one game his pep talk was telling them they all needed to do better or they wouldnt get college scholarships. 

Watching all the other teams we played you could see a big difference in how everything was run. 

It's ok, you can call him your retarded uncle.

Why didn't you step up and volunteer to coach before the season started?

namrepus -

bc my work schedule wont allow me to be present at all the games or practices on time every single time

i will be at every practice and game (albeit a 15-30 minutes after it starts) and will help out as needed

Your kid is on his second year of t ball

T ball

And you're complaining about the sex of the coach?

Ari2 - Your kid is on his second year of t ball

T ball

He's not complaining about the sex of the coach, he's complaining that the coach sucks. The sex of the coach is detail. Fuck off, Ari.

Ari2 - Your kid is on his second year of t ball

T ball

That's what you got out of his post?  

Oh, to see the world through your eyes.

Ari2 - Your kid is on his second year of t ball

T ball

im complaining more about her tardiness, disorganized behavior, and overall lack of knowledge with t ball/baseball fundamentals

her gender is more of a "haha, it's a woman" type thing and her domineering her husband adds more to it...so i guess some "Womanness" is involved...really she just has no business doing this

for what it is worth, after carefully considering all the martial arts schools run by Men in my area for him, i chose to enroll him in a school that is owned and taught by a Woman

AnthonyWeiner -

T ball

He's not complaining about the sex of the coach, he's complaining that the coach sucks. The sex of the coach is detail. Fuck off, Ari.

"this year we find out the head coach is a WOMAN and the "assistant coach" is her husband ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

right then and there, i knew this was not going to be good"

yeah, just a detail 

AnthonyWeiner -

T ball

1)fuck yourself. He capitalize WOMAN. He clearly cares about that.

2) In my day, when we walked uphill both ways, t ball was for one year. Which was excessive even then.

OP do you get mad watching games? 

My son was on an absolutely terrible flag football team last year. They didn't win a single game. It's okay though, he did great. Averaged about 2 TD's a game. I think it was good for him to lose like that. 

In Limbo - 
namrepus -

bc my work schedule wont allow me to be present at all the games or practices on time every single time

i will be at every practice and game (albeit a 15-30 minutes after it starts) and will help out as needed

I've coached my kids teams from mighty-ball (pre-tee ball) up to 10u. I made a thread recently about my 10u team and the struggles. Its VERY frustrating. I say this every year, but this is my last year as a coach. I have 2 coaches helping that are in your situation...they help, but cant fully commit because of work.

Coaching tee-ball is tough. You are playing babysitter more than anything. The best asset for that age is active parents. The more on the field, the better.

In the field, keeping the kids from all running to a hit ball and staying half-way in position is a full time gig. The dog pile on a ball is cute at first, but its frustrating to watch over and over.

If she will listen, break the kids up into small groups and create small stations for practice.

One for throwing, one for catching, one for hitting. Less than 10 minutes each station, and rotate. Most of the time, we would utilize the fence as a back stop so you aren't chasing balls 3/4 of the drill.

Next, we would put the kids in positions, and toss grounders to them. Working on everyone staying in position, and attempt to throw to 1st (good luck with that).

We would always end with running the bases. Make it fun by timing each kid and seeing who runs the fastest. At the very least, they start to understand which bases to run to. We always had a kid the would hit the ball and run to 2nd or 3rd.

Its a crappy position to be in as a parent, but in the end, she volunteered and you didn't. However, I have never told a parent that I could not use their help.

Whatever you do, enjoy this age. You will miss it.

namrepus -

This. If you don't volunteer your time, shut up. I run my sons league and coach. To many parents have shit to say but don't want to help out.

Dont complain if you didnt volunteer. Not saying you didnt volunteer. But if you didnt, then you need to just be quiet.

Most rec leagues have a hard time finding coaches. Props to all the coaches who volunteer their time.

In Limbo -
namrepus -

That's legit. I am in the same situation but able to coach 80% of the games. I just can't stand the dads that are at every practice and game and still have no motivation to help. Can't even do the fuckin' scoreboard. 

Lol at women coaching baseball