My kids first BJJ tournament

I am so happy that my 2 kids performed so well on their very first BJJ tournament. I signed'm up for the kids advance divisions. One got first place in gi and no gi division. The other got second place in both division as well. Scroll down for the videos

judoinmotion - I am so happy that my 2 kids performed so well on their very first BJJ tournament. I signed'm up for the kids advance divisions. One got first place in gi and no gi division. The other got second place in both division as well. Video to come.

Gi division

final match

no gi

final match

Congratulations to your kids.

Your kids got some sick judo throws/sweeps!

I think I replayed 0:40 of the third video like 10 times. Solid gold, ha!

would u say that they enjoy judo more, or bjj more?
i recall all the early vids of their judo matches.
how come u only put up vids of alex, what about the other child? isnt he as talented?

Uncle Chris -

That is absolutely beautiful!

kids got skills,why do they have white belts on?

Stryfe - Congratulations to your kids.

Thanks

Uncle Chris - Your kids got some sick judo throws/sweeps!

Yes! Too bad the ref didn't see that way. He gave him no points for the sweep!!!!

walbjj - would u say that they enjoy judo more, or bjj more?
i recall all the early vids of their judo matches.
how come u only put up vids of alex, what about the other child? isnt he as talented?

They enjoy both. I want them to have a solid foundation and stand up game in judo before starting in BJJ. Alec has been in judo for 7 years. He is very technical and knows what he is doing. I worked with them for a couple of months in submissions and we had a strategy (keep it simple and basic)
My 12 years old step son has about 3 years of judo. He has a big heart and is a warrior, however still rough on the edges. The reason I don't have his videos posted is because he was not able to pull out a nice throw or a nice submission yet. In this tournament, he fought two other kids in the gi and no gi division. He lost once in each division for the same kid. Hi winnings were for points. What really impressed me and everyone else that were watching his last fight was that he did not give up. He fought to the end and although he lost he is a winner in my book. Now, I am going to work with him on his mistakes and get ready for the next. He wants to beat that kid ( the kid is very nice and talented) more than anything.

12 - kids got skills,why do they have white belts on?

It was their first BJJ tournament and they are white belts in BJJ.
The tournament had kids beginners (no submissions) and kids advance (submissions)